Ebenezer

Produced by: Produced by: Marc Stein / Directed by: Lori Kallestad | Documentary | 2016 | USA

Without words, "Ebenezer" vividly portrays the journey of an old broken-down wheelchair and the many hands that touch the chair as it is given a new purpose and is sent across the world to change the life of a young boy in Ghana. The film depicts the gratitude of a grieving widow, the feeling of purpose that the restoration of the chair gives to the prison inmates who perform the task, and the joy of young Ebenezer, who will no longer be house-bound while his friends are out playing soccer. Five-year old Ebenezer was the recipient of Joni and Friends' 100,000th wheelchair. Join Wheels for the World as we deliver 100,000 more wheelchairs by 2020.

<
>

4 min
Bazaruto Ocean Guardians
Meet the Ocean Guardians of Bazaruto Mozambique, who work tirelessly to teach local communities about the importance of conservation.
Ron Kovic Peace Prize
10:04
Eva Haller: A Work in Progress
A life dedicated to philanthropy, activism and mentorship, Eva Haller makes a positive impact around the world.
5:24
The Future of Our Species
This fall marks the release of 'Leonardo's Brain,' the book that Director Tiffany Shlain's father and best-selling author, Leonard Shlain, finished days before he passed away. Tiffany builds off her father's ideas to explore the future of our species.
Facebook Stories - The Conditioned by Wendy Jewell
Really own why you make movies and strive to understand why you're doing it
5 Minutes
Peace Begins
Slater works with other youth activists in a colorful celebration of Peace Day.
Woman Hero: Tiffany Shlain by Wendy Jewell
"We can ignite a lot more change together than we can apart."
Student Films
A selection of short films from the MY HERO Project.
2
George Lucas Global Educator Award
MY HERO Associate Media Director David Kelly presents a MY HERO Global Educator Award to George Lucas.
2011 Festival Schedule
Peter Jackson
Peter Jackson is a filmmaker who directed the Lord of the Rings Trilogy.