Peace

NOW I AM A REFUGEE

Produced by: Dir. Christian Als & Kristoffer Juel | Documentary | 2016 | Greece/Holland | 9:09

Europe is facing the worst refugee crisis since World War II. Millions of people are fleeing from armed conflicts and destabilised regimes. Knowing they may never be able to return home, many have decided to set out on the dangerous and perilous journey for a new life in Europe. In 2015 more than 800,000 refugees and migrants sailed across the Mediterranean Sea. Half of them landed on the Greek island of Lesbos, crossing in overcrowded, rickety boats and rubber dinghies. NOW I AM A REFUGEE tells the personal story of one Syrian refugee who crossed to Lesbos in the summer of 2015. Mazen Farouk takes us through his journey from Damascus, reflecting on his loss, his future and the fact that he is now a refugee. When he arrives in Holland, he hopes to create a better future with his fiancee in Europe.

<
>

Power of Compassion & Importance of the Work of CCARE
Dr. James Doty, speaks on the power of compassion and importance of the work of CCARE
7:49
Amai & Sadako's Prayer
Amai the bird of light takes her friends on an exciting adventure where they learn about Hope, forgiveness and peace.
2:52
How an Unexpected Kindness can Change a Life
Professor of Neurosurgery, James Doty, M.D., tells a touching story of how one interaction can alter the course of a person’s life.
5:40
Louis’ story: child soldier to role model
This film by the Thomson Reuters Foundation tells the story of Louis Lakor, a former child soldier with the Lord's Resistance Army (LRA) rebel group in northern Uganda.
10:01
Art for Peace
This film by the Thomson Reuters Foundation tells the story of South Sudan's young artists battling for peace with the music, film and poetry.
9:44
Beyond Boko Haram
Psychologist Dr Fatima Akilu, who trained in Britain's National Health Service, works with both victims and members of the Islamist militant group Boko Haram.
5:40
Kim Phuc - excerpt from The Sunrise Storyteller
Young filmmaker Kasha Slavner interviews Unesco Goodwill Ambassador Phan Thi Kim Phuc, who survived a napalm bomb when she was a 9-year-old during the Vietnam War.
Anne Frank's Story
March for our Lives - LA 2018
Inspiring young leaders speak and perform at the LA March for Our Lives event 2018.
A PLANET DIVIDED
2:48
Mohamed Sidibay: Teaching Peace
Mohamed Sidibay is a survivor of a horrific civil war in Sierra Leone, where he was forced to fight as a child soldier. Now he advocates for better access to education worldwide.
Evocative Voice of Bung Tomo
Filmmaker Lisa Donato Accepts the Eldon Activist Award and Kovic Peace Prize
Kathy Eldon presents director Lisa Donato with the Dan Eldon Activist Award and the Ron Kovic Peace Prize, on behalf of Ron Kovic, for her film Reclaiming Pakistan at the 2017 MY HERO Film Festival.
Peace Pals International
Celebrating 2017 art honoree, director Jules Lamore and the 20th Anniversary of Peace Pals International, which inspires global youth to make art for peace.
International Youth Media Summit
The inspiring official promo video for the 11th International Youth Media Summit 2016. in Kathmandu, Nepal made by their founders and delegates!
Blood and Soil In #CHARLOTTESVILLE
VIEWER WARNING! THIS VIDEO CONTAINS SWEARING AND VIOLENCE. First hand experience of standing up in Charlottesville.
1:54
The Sunrise Storyteller - Trailer
The Sunrise Storyteller follows the hero's journey of teenage filmmaker & social justice advocate, Kasha Sequoia Slavner.
5:06
Welcome to the Peace Center
Two student filmmakers embark on a journey into Bukinda, Uganda, one of the most rural villages of the country, to capture the lives of children in The Peace Centre Uganda orphanage.
2:41
The PEACE Project: Restorative Justice
Victim Offender Mediation is a restorative justice practice that emphasizes offender accountability, providing victims a voice in being a part of the solution of juvenile crime, and an opportunity to repair the harm caused to the victim.
8:26
Reclaiming Pakistan
A civil rights activist, Mohammad Jibran Nasir, sparks a social revolution after almost 140 children were killed in the Peshawar Army School tragedy.