Peace
Produced by: Fauzia Minallah from PAKISTAN
AMAI The Bird of Light
Sorry, your browser does not support inline SVG. Sorry, your browser does not support inline SVG.

AMAI The Bird of Light

Produced by: Fauzia Minallah from PAKISTAN | Animation | 2011 | Pakistan

As a mother and a painter, I felt the need to work with children through art and picture books. It was in 2001 that I developed Amai -- the bird of light , a cartoon character for children, it is a magical bird made of light and million tiny stars, that can turn into a shooting star and take children on exciting adventures around the world . Amai means 'mother' in some parts of Balochistan. Amai loves children like a mother . She can fly children million miles up in the space and thousands of miles under the earth, She takes them back in the past as well as, in future. Amai wants children to know their world, love and respect it and work for making it a humane one.
<
>

A Brave and Startling Truth
Maya Angelou reads her poem "A Brave and Startling Truth" which she wrote in commemoration of the UN's 50th Anniversary, in 1995.
To The Boy - for Mattie J.T. Stepanek
Mattie's life philosophy was to play after every storm, so now, when we all feel tossed about but the waves of our world, we must remember to hold onto hope.
Salutation to the Dawn
Pastor Basch, A Personal Hero
9:31
Bullets to Books (Excerpt)
A film exploring The Jüdische Kulturbund Project and the critical importance of peace in South Sudan.
Make a Difference
This song is all about how me and you will come together as one and make a difference that other generations can benefit from.
1:39
My Hero - Walter Sisulu: South African Leader
My film talks about Walter Sisulu and how he was connected to my subject matter in my book.
Power of Compassion & Importance of the Work of CCARE
Dr. James Doty, speaks on the power of compassion and importance of the work of CCARE
7:49
Amai & Sadako's Prayer
Amai the bird of light takes her friends on an exciting adventure where they learn about Hope, forgiveness and peace.
2:52
How an Unexpected Kindness can Change a Life
Professor of Neurosurgery, James Doty, M.D., tells a touching story of how one interaction can alter the course of a person’s life.
5:40
Louis’ story: child soldier to role model
This film by the Thomson Reuters Foundation tells the story of Louis Lakor, a former child soldier with the Lord's Resistance Army (LRA) rebel group in northern Uganda.
10:01
Art for Peace
This film by the Thomson Reuters Foundation tells the story of South Sudan's young artists battling for peace with the music, film and poetry.
9:44
Beyond Boko Haram
Psychologist Dr Fatima Akilu, who trained in Britain's National Health Service, works with both victims and members of the Islamist militant group Boko Haram.
5:40
Kim Phuc - excerpt from The Sunrise Storyteller
Young filmmaker Kasha Slavner interviews Unesco Goodwill Ambassador Phan Thi Kim Phuc, who survived a napalm bomb when she was a 9-year-old during the Vietnam War.
Anne Frank's Story
March for our Lives - LA 2018
Inspiring young leaders speak and perform at the LA March for Our Lives event 2018.
A PLANET DIVIDED
2:48
Mohamed Sidibay: Teaching Peace
Mohamed Sidibay is a survivor of a horrific civil war in Sierra Leone, where he was forced to fight as a child soldier. Now he advocates for better access to education worldwide.
Evocative Voice of Bung Tomo
Filmmaker Lisa Donato Accepts the Eldon Activist Award and Kovic Peace Prize
Kathy Eldon presents director Lisa Donato with the Dan Eldon Activist Award and the Ron Kovic Peace Prize, on behalf of Ron Kovic, for her film Reclaiming Pakistan at the 2017 MY HERO Film Festival.