Environmental
Produced by: Carl Kuddell Directed by Jennifer Lyons-Reid
Moogy's Yuki [Moogy's Bark Canoe] (Trailer)
Sorry, your browser does not support inline SVG. Sorry, your browser does not support inline SVG.

Produced by: Carl Kuddell Directed by Jennifer Lyons-Reid | Excerpt | AUSTRALIA

This emotionally charged documentary follows Ngarrindjeri Elder Major Sumner and South East Australian Aboriginal community members on their endeavors to reclaim an important part of their culture: traditional bark canoe making. This is the first time in over 100 years since anyone has made a traditional bark canoe on their ancestral lands, and Uncle Moogy and his team are not sure if they will succeed to cut a huge slice of bark from a giant Redgum tree and get the surfboard-size bark down in one piece - and most importantly, if it will finally float and carry them… Along this once-in-a-life-time journey, several local Indigenous people and environmental experts address issues around caring for country, environmental issues and cultural transmission of traditional knowledge.
<
>

9:48
No Time to Waste
Ambon Bay, Indonesia. A remote paradise for underwater photographers and filmers.
10:28
Rainmakers III - A Tanzanian Story
A story about spreading an idea that teaches us to value our environment so that tree stumps can grow to become actual trees.
Street Transformers
Save The Rain Forests
Endangered Animals
Animals
Save the Rainforests
save the rainforest
5:39
Defending The Deep
A tireless defender of the oceans and marine life, Claire Nouvian led a focused, data-driven advocacy campaign against the destructive fishing practice of deep-sea bottom trawling, successfully pressuring French supermarket giant and fleet owner Intermarché to change its fishing practices. Her coalition of advocates ultimately secured French support for a ban on deep-sea bottom trawling that led to an EU-wide ban.
6:06
Blue Ventures
In 2004, realizing that conversation had to go beyond counting species, marine biologist Alasdair Harris encouraged a coastal Madagascar community to close off a small section of their octopus-fishing area for a few months, to see if this would boost productivity.
7:08
Protecting Blue Whales and Blue Skies
A collaboration of government agencies, non-profits, and private industry come together to solve the problem of commercial ships causing increased air pollution and whale strikes in the Santa Barbara Channel.
paper video
The Ocean That We Want To Know
7:19
Tani
A look at how permaculture and marketing can improve the lives of local farmers in Bali.
2:02
Former Gang Members going Green
This former gang member just needed a second chance to turn his life around. He found it in the solar industry, thanks to Homeboy Industries.
8:53
Suryabata Pani
This is the story of Indra Sapkota, an underserved farmer in Nepal struggling to find sustainable and reliable water sources to irrigate his land.
3:13
Last Stand - The Vanishing Caribou Rainforest (Trailer)
The forthcoming documentary “Last Stand” puts the Caribou Rainforest on the map before it’s too late.
7:15
Protecting the Amazon by Advancing Indigenous Rights
Since 1996, Amazon Watch has protected the rainforest and advanced the rights of indigenous peoples in the Amazon Basin. We partner with indigenous and environmental organizations in campaigns for human rights, corporate accountability, and the preservation of the Amazon's ecological systems.
4:24
Looking After Our Country
One man shares the wisdom of the world's oldest culture to save a pristine wilderness.
4:28
The Last Straw
Nine-year-old Milo Cress is concerned about the millions of straws that pollute waterways, waste fossil-fuel resource and harm ocean creatures. With the help of some friends, he convinces restaurants to “go straw-free”. Milo then takes the fight all the way to Capitol Hill.