Peace
Produced by: Skip Blumberg
Cookie Girl in the Hot Zone
4:31
Sorry, your browser does not support inline SVG. Sorry, your browser does not support inline SVG.

Cookie Girl in the Hot Zone

Produced by: Skip Blumberg | Short | USA | 4:31

Jemma Brown, who is 12 years old, lives with her family in Tribeca just a few blocks from the World Trade Center site. Three days after the towers collapsed she began to bake and serve cookies to the rescue workers who were walking away from the clean-up. According to Jemma, "We're working to make our little town normal again... if we're ever gonna be normal."

Skip Blumberg is one of the original camcorder-for-broadcast producers. His independently produced TV programs and camcorder reports have appeared on PBS, Showtime, Disney Channel, National Geographic Explorer, The Learning Channel, Bravo and other networks and are in the permanent collections of the Museum of Modern Art and the Museum of TV and Radio. Blumberg has produced more than 100 shorts for Sesame Street. He lives and works in Tribeca, NY and is President of Friends of City Hall Park. Cookie Girl in the Hot Zone was first aired on WGBH and Zoom's program America's Kids Respond