Documentary

Davey Rogner - Picking Up Trash Across America

Directed by: Gerard Ungerman | Documentary | 2017 | USA | 7:43

Many of us feel appalled enough at seeing litter sometimes that we feel compelled to picking up the offensive pieces of refuse and toss them in a bin. But who in their wildest dreams would ever think “Hey! Let's walk across an entire continent and pick up all the litter in sight?” That idea didn’t sound overly crazy to two students from Maryland who decided one fateful morning in 2010 to do just that. Their idea turned into a three year, 3,000+ mile journey that did more than remove several tons a garbage from roadsides. “Pick Up America” – Davey Rogner and Jeff Chen’s project - inspired thousands of students along the way. It taught them about the need to reduce garbage, and also showed them that YES, it is possible to carry out such a herculean task and make a difference in the world if we only believe hard enough that it can be done.

For More Information

Respectful Revolution
<
>

12:24
The Mauritania Railway: Backbone of the Sahara
The Mauritania Railway: Backbone of the Sahara is a documentary film directed by MacGregor. Concepted and produced in partnership with Antonio Aguilar, Tim Hyten, and Aaron Mckenzie, the film also features a score by award-winning composer Rhian Sheehan.
8:09
Guatemalans and their Government
“Everyday, journalists put their lives on the line to tell the truth.”
4:33
Mi Granito de Arena (My Little Grain of Sand)
Veteran radio journalist Maria Martin discusses the reality of journalism and activism in Guatemala where reporting the truth could put one’s life at risk.
9:07
Women are Gold
One woman must learn how to value herself in a society that holds men in higher esteem than women.
7:53
The Toothmans
Deb and Jim Toothman and their transgender daughter Cooper Toothman, talk about their struggles with acceptance both within their family and in the community.
4:08
Mayan Dreams Through Education
Two student filmmakers travel to Guatemala and gather diverse voices of teachers, women weavers, street vendors and students who articulate their vision for keeping traditional values, while expanding opportunities through education.
13:46
A Moment of Compassion
On the border of Mexico and the USA, Tijuana Native , Dr. Patricia Gonzalez-Zuniga and her team of American and Mexican interns and residents provide care and compassion for anyone in need with their street clinic THE WOUND CLINIC.
2:59
Thunderbird
Thunderbird is a short documentary exploring the story of Steven Collins, an international Olympic ski jumper. Using archive footage and photos, Thunderbird gives a genuine look at Steven’s story.
7:09
Dreamers
We wanted to spread awareness about DACA. Our film main priority was to educate people about this issues surrounding DACA students.
3:07
Zuzana: Music is Life (Trailer)
An uplifting and inspiring musical story of love, tyranny and triumph.
Mangrove Woman
Senegalese women living in the small city of Coal Fadiouth fight for the reforestation of the mangrove.
8:53
Suryabata Pani
This is the story of Indra Sapkota, an underserved farmer in Nepal struggling to find sustainable and reliable water sources to irrigate his land.
3:09
Girl's Education
Summer PENCC gives children the platform to discuss about the important of girls’ education.
5:09
Walking with Reality
The team at @One Digital Media within the Mathewson-IGT Knowledge Center was able to bring a virtual reality experience to an artist confined to a wheelchair.
16:47
Gloria's Call
In 1971, graduate student Gloria Orenstein received a call from Surrealist artist Leonora Carrington that sparked a lifelong journey into art, ecofeminism and shamanism.
7:44
A Drop in the Ocean
A portrait documentary of a 78 year old surgeon: Firoze Koytcha, who has organized humanitarian missions for more than 40 years.
3:49
Nico Castro: The Next American B-boy
A Breaking dance profile on the rising star Nico Castro.After his mother, brother, and grandfather all passed away, Nico could not have felt more lost. With no other choice, he quickly took charge of his own life. From his tragedies he creates art, and Nico Castro now dances down his own path to becoming the next American B-boy champion.
10:12
Threads
In these days of mass consumerism, it can seem like preservation of history and culture is something that belongs to the past. Threads of Peru is an NGO based in Cusco that branches out to several expert weaving communities in order to guide them to how they can sustain their ancient practice in the modern world.
11:37
From AIDS to Advice: LGBTQ+ Seniors Tell Their Stories
Nine LGBTQ+ senior citizens share their experiences, including coming out stories, life during the HIV/AIDS crisis, and advice for LGBTQ+ youth, parents, and allies.
3:13
Last Stand - The Vanishing Caribou Rainforest (Trailer)
The forthcoming documentary “Last Stand” puts the Caribou Rainforest on the map before it’s too late.