Documentary

Davey Rogner - Picking Up Trash Across America

Gerard Ungerman | Documentary | 2017 | USA | 7:43

Many of us feel appalled enough at seeing litter sometimes that we feel compelled to picking up the offensive pieces of refuse and toss them in a bin. But who in their wildest dreams would ever think “Hey! Let's walk across an entire continent and pick up all the litter in sight?” That idea didn’t sound overly crazy to two students from Maryland who decided one fateful morning in 2010 to do just that. Their idea turned into a three year, 3,000+ mile journey that did more than remove several tons a garbage from roadsides. “Pick Up America” – Davey Rogner and Jeff Chen’s project - inspired thousands of students along the way. It taught them about the need to reduce garbage, and also showed them that YES, it is possible to carry out such a herculean task and make a difference in the world if we only believe hard enough that it can be done.

For More Information

Respectful Revolution
<
>

2:49
Track & Field: Mind, Body, & Soul
Taft High School's track & field athletes explain how their participation and their coach bring out the best in each participant on and off the track.
My Pets Are My Heroes
My Hero - Service Dogs
Animal Control Officers
Service Dogs
All About My Mom
My Hero - My Mom
Ruby's Dad
Madilyn's Hero - Her Mom
Emma Marie's Dad
The Kelp Lady 2018
Her work inspired the nickname The Kelp Lady. But her conservation goals extend to many more inhabitants of the sea. Nancy Caruso is a hero who tirelessly worked to regrow the kelp forest in Orange County. As the founder of Get Inspired! Inc., she brings the community together with her dedication to the florae and faunae of the sea. She and her band of volunteers regrew the kelp, also known as the rainforest of the sea--because of how many species rely on them for survival, including us! Nancy's current endeavor is the Green Abalone Restoration Project to restore the dwindling species.
The Map to Paradise Trailer
Journey through time into the new era of ocean conservation, and discover how the history of marine parks has been shaped by a global movement where nations are redrawing the lines on our world’s big blue map.
Below the Surface
Inside the minds of the people of the sea. Stories of how the ocean shapes character, friends, and moments.
At Last I Know What Love Is
A Hero In the Realm of Diversity
The man who rode his horse across the harbour bridge
Mohamed Sidibay: Teaching Peace
Mohamed Sidibay is a survivor of a horrific civil war in Sierra Leone, where he was forced to fight as a child soldier. Now he advocates for better access to education worldwide.
Tapestries
Archies Ice Cream
Evocative Voice of Bung Tomo