Professional

Freedom Writers: Stories From an Undeclared War [Trailer]

Produced by: Freedom Writers Foundation | Documentary | 2015 | USA

Freedom Writers: Stories from an Undeclared War is the powerful story of 150 at-risk students from Long Beach, California, who were once considered unteachable. Inspired by their teacher, Erin Gruwell, and the writings of Anne Frank, the students discover a new way to express themselves. The documentary follows the students’ story from the first day of freshman year in 1994 to the present day. In a racially divided community were adolescents were exposed to drugs, gang warfare, and homicides, Gruwell makes it her goal to teach the students to put down their fists and guns and to pick up a pen.

<
>

A Brave and Startling Truth
Maya Angelou reads her poem "A Brave and Startling Truth" which she wrote in commemoration of the UN's 50th Anniversary, in 1995.
George Floyd Timelapse
3:39
America the Beautiful
Bringing friends together during this pandemic through virtual performances.
2:57
Ain’t No Mountain High Enough
A music video for the effort — which aims to support musicians affected by the coronavirus outbreak — shows artists singing and playing in private.
Salutation to the Dawn
The Future of Business is Responsible
Olivia Milch - Writing Ocean's 8 - Women Transforming Media Interview
Suffer for Good
Ethiopian boxer Seb Zewdie's Olympic dreams were knocked out when the Soviet Union and their allies boycotted the '84 Los Angeles Olympics...
Make a Difference
This song is all about how me and you will come together as one and make a difference that other generations can benefit from.
Exchange Volunteer CorpsAfrica/Senegal Abdel Kader Kadfi
What do you care about?
RBG [Trailer]
At the age of 84, U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has developed a breathtaking legal legacy while becoming an unexpected pop culture icon.
Won't You Be My Neighbor [Trailer]
Won’t You Be My Neighbor? takes an intimate look at America’s favorite neighbor: Mister Fred Rogers.
1 minute
The Big Picture: Rethinking Dyslexia [Trailer]
The myths, the stigmas, the truths, of dyslexia revealed.
3:01
The belly dancer donning a beard to protest LGBT abuse in Egypt
The 25-year-old, who is completing her masters at Cardiff University in Wales, has helped many asylum seekers access higher education in Britain – something she is passionate about after spending several "heartbreaking" years unable to study.
10:01
Art for Peace
This film by the Thomson Reuters Foundation tells the story of South Sudan's young artists battling for peace with the music, film and poetry.
9:44
Beyond Boko Haram
Psychologist Dr Fatima Akilu, who trained in Britain's National Health Service, works with both victims and members of the Islamist militant group Boko Haram.
5:53
Educate Girls
In India, the majority of girls do not complete their primary education. Educate Girls is working to make education more accessible to girls by partnering with public schools, training local champions for girls’ education, and mobilizing communities to help girls achieve their full potential
7:46
Look Up
High-stakes arboreal therapy for the nature deficit disorder you probably have.
5:52
My Country is the World
Garry Davis gave up Broadway to become World Citizen #1, standing up for a world in which Humanity is United, a world in which we are one.