Professional

Freedom Writers: Stories From an Undeclared War [Trailer]

Freedom Writers Foundation | Documentary | 2015 | USA

Freedom Writers: Stories from an Undeclared War is the powerful story of 150 at-risk students from Long Beach, California, who were once considered unteachable. Inspired by their teacher, Erin Gruwell, and the writings of Anne Frank, the students discover a new way to express themselves. The documentary follows the students’ story from the first day of freshman year in 1994 to the present day. In a racially divided community were adolescents were exposed to drugs, gang warfare, and homicides, Gruwell makes it her goal to teach the students to put down their fists and guns and to pick up a pen.

<
>

Laguna ECO Heroes - Opening segment
Featuring amazing environmental heroes of Laguna Beach!
How to Create an Art Page
How to Create an Audio Page
How to Create a Film Page
How to Create a Story Page
Alyse Nelson of Vital Voices Accepts 2017 Women Transforming Media Award at MY HERO International Film Festival
Complete speech. Alyse Nelson of Vital Voices Accepts 2017 Women Transforming Media Award at MY HERO International Film Festival.
Eva Haller: A Work in Progress (Festival)
Eva Haller: A Work in Progress March Edit
Eva Haller: A Work in Progress Trailer
Walking While Black
As minority communities face the daily stranglehold of racial profiling, and police officers face relentless scrutiny by an anxious public, tensions mount as lines are being drawn in the sand. This conflict can only be broken by finding common ground with each other. L.O.V.E. Is The Answer.
Women Transforming Media: Alyse Nelson
“Power expands the moment it’s shared. And women often want to do that. When they ‘re invested in, they want to give back, they want to pay it forward. And that’s what we do at Vital Voices. We simply search the world for these leaders with a vision for extraordinary change. And we invest in them to take that vision to scale.”
Judith Haron - Wildlife Illumination Artist
Judith Haron an artist with both talent and a purpose.
4:44
Bashir's Dream
Bashir's Dream centers around Qusai Bashir Masaama, a 14-year-old Syrian refugee in Jordan who was shot in the back by a sniper while on a candy run.
2:41
The PEACE Project: Restorative Justice
Victim Offender Mediation is a restorative justice practice that emphasizes offender accountability, providing victims a voice in being a part of the solution of juvenile crime, and an opportunity to repair the harm caused to the victim.
4:16
Take Every Wave: Laird in VR
Laird Hamilton's life is unlike many others in that his pursuit of excellent physical condition and forward-thinking wave-riding is still thriving at the age of 53. Enter what's regarded as the longest wave in the world: Chicama, Peru.
2:30
ROOTED in PEACE - Trailer
ROOTED in PEACE challenges viewers to examine their values as Americans and human beings.
4:19
Noisia - Mantra
Mantra chronicles the dangerous obstacles refugees face on their journeys to reach safer harbors.
9:43
Le Quinze Mai a Paris
password: gomezz23 Barbara De Fina (Martin Scorsese's producer of 40 years) presents shots of Paris on May 15, 2016 with a Parisian narrator telling us the story of May 15, 1848, when protesters finally pushed the establishment to let them have a popular vote to elect their ruler.
Women Transforming Media: Jen Senko
Jennifer Morrison, Actor, Producer, Director
Women Transforming Media talks to actor/producer/director Jennifer Morrison about winning the 2016 Hollyshort Trailblazer award, shorts versus features, her short "Wild Wild Horses" and how films are her friends.