Environmental

Vulcan Productions

Produced by: Paul Allen - Vulcan / Louie Psihoyos - Director of Racing Exctinction | Short | 2015 | USA

Vulcan Productions initiates, develops and supports projects of substance and enduring significance. We believe in the power of stories to change minds and ignite action. Through our collaborative partnerships, Vulcan Productions tells powerful stories that help audiences understand the world around them, respond to challenges, and bring about lasting change.

For More Information

Vulcan Productions
Racing Extinction
<
>

2:32
Rainforest Story - The Ocelot's Escape
A stop-motion animation film created by 5th graders at Pacific Elementary School! Save the Forest animals from Poachers!
9:48
No Time to Waste
Ambon Bay, Indonesia. A remote paradise for underwater photographers and filmers.
6:06
Words Have Power
10-year-old Jaysa rallies the community with her speeches about how the power plant causes asthma and “so much suffering.” When they succeed in shutting down the plant, Jaysa concludes that “words have power.”
5:39
Defending The Deep
A tireless defender of the oceans and marine life, Claire Nouvian was the 2018 European recipient of the prestigious Goldman Environmental Prize.
6:06
Blue Ventures
In 2004, realizing that conversation had to go beyond counting species, marine biologist Alasdair Harris encouraged a coastal Madagascar community to close off a small section of their octopus-fishing area for a few months, to see if this would boost productivity.
7:08
Protecting Blue Whales and Blue Skies
A collaboration of government agencies, non-profits, and private industry come together to solve the problem of commercial ships causing increased air pollution and whale strikes in the Santa Barbara Channel.
7:15
Protecting the Amazon by Advancing Indigenous Rights
Since 1996, Amazon Watch has protected the rainforest and advanced the rights of indigenous peoples in the Amazon Basin. We partner with indigenous and environmental organizations in campaigns for human rights, corporate accountability, and the preservation of the Amazon's ecological systems.
Laguna ECO Heroes - Opening segment
Featuring amazing environmental heroes of Laguna Beach!
Slater Meets her Hero: Jean-Michel Cousteau
Slater visits Catalina Island to learn from her environmental hero Jean-Michel Cousteau.
The Community They Fight For
Latino community activist Mark Lopez pushed government officials to provide comprehensive lead testing and cleanup of East Los Angeles homes contaminated by a battery smelter that had been operating for over three decades.
8:16
My Haggan Dream
On the island of Saipan, a young girl's mysterious dream about a haggan, or green sea turtle, leads her to investigate the sea turtles that live around her home. Join her adventure to find turtles, which leads to a wonderful birthday wish.
4 min
Bazaruto Ocean Guardians
Meet the Ocean Guardians of Bazaruto Mozambique, who work tirelessly to teach local communities about the importance of conservation.
3:45
Black Mamba Anti-Poaching Unit [Introduction]
1:58
Nature is Speaking - Julia Roberts is Mother Nature
The voice of mother nature motivates us to listen and act on her behalf.
6:44
Lincoln Brower on Monarchs: Migration at Risk
The annual monarch butterfly migration is one of the most beautiful spectacles in nature. It is also an endangered biological phenomenon. In this short film, Lincoln Brower Ph.D., Research Professor of Biology, at Sweet Briar College, lists the threats to their migration.
1:13
Butterfly Town USA - Film Trailer
Vulcan Productions
Racing Extinction [Trailer]
Whether infiltrating notorious black markets with guerilla-style tactics or exploring the scientific causes affecting changes to the environment, "Racing Extinction" will change the way we see the world and our role within it.
Mother of All Rivers
Berta Cáceres rallied her indigenous Lenca people to wage a grassroots protest that successfully pressured the government of Honduras and the world's largest dam builder to withdraw from building the Agua Zarca Dam.
One Woman Roadblock
A former tribal chief, Marilyn Baptiste led her native community in defeating proposed gold and copper mines that would have destroyed Fish Lake&mdash;a source of spiritual identity and livelihood for her people.