Music Video

From Mt. Tamalpais to Fruitvale Station

Directed by: The Justice Arts Collective of Chabot College | Produced by: Juztino Panella, Brandon Vance, Tommy Reed, Alan Roberson, Jahan Khalighi, Kokou Katamani | Music Video | 2017 | USA

"MUSIC VIDEO - FIRST PLACE AWARD 2017" 

"Listen to the people's story; hear the cry...." Filmed at a series of community events to honor and celebrate the lives of people of color lost to police violence, we witness people uniting in activism, song and the wisdom of the elders.  This hip hop video ranges from the beautiful nature of Mt. Tamalpais to the scary, sad and also often heartening realities of urban Fruitvale Station where we're "fighting the war for peace in a system we can't trust...".  How will you take action?

This music and video experience was created by the Justice Arts Collective: students and faculty of Chabot College in Hayward, CA together with members of the community.  Rather than acting a story, it was filmed on location at real events we held of healing for the loss of people of color to police violence.  

Producers: Juztino Panella, Brandon Vance, Tommy Reed, Alan Roberson, Jahan Khalighi, Kokou Katamani

For More Information

Justice Arts Collective