Music Video

From Mt. Tamalpais to Fruitvale Station

Directed by: The Justice Arts Collective of Chabot College | Produced by: Juztino Panella, Brandon Vance, Tommy Reed, Alan Roberson, Jahan Khalighi, Kokou Katamani | Music Video | 2017 | USA

"MUSIC VIDEO - FIRST PLACE AWARD 2017" 

"Listen to the people's story; hear the cry...." Filmed at a series of community events to honor and celebrate the lives of people of color lost to police violence, we witness people uniting in activism, song and the wisdom of the elders.  This hip hop video ranges from the beautiful nature of Mt. Tamalpais to the scary, sad and also often heartening realities of urban Fruitvale Station where we're "fighting the war for peace in a system we can't trust...".  How will you take action?

This music and video experience was created by the Justice Arts Collective: students and faculty of Chabot College in Hayward, CA together with members of the community.  Rather than acting a story, it was filmed on location at real events we held of healing for the loss of people of color to police violence.  

Producers: Juztino Panella, Brandon Vance, Tommy Reed, Alan Roberson, Jahan Khalighi, Kokou Katamani

For More Information

Justice Arts Collective
<
>

5:37
Voz Libre
A U.S. teen travels to the U.S.-Mexico border and creates an original song and music video inspired by what he sees.
4:00
INVISIBLE
We're proud to unveil this beautiful anthem written and performed by Bishop Lamont and friends: NomaD, Angie Fisher, Josephine Rojer and Phil Lassiter to help end the cycle of homelessness in LA.
4:31
Find a Way
"Find a way" music produced by the BAYCAT Fall 2017 music performance class. Video produced by the BAYCAT Fall 2017 youth filmmaking class.
Soundiata Keita
A PLANET DIVIDED
Yacouba - The Village Fool (the man who stopped the desert)
Harry Dean Stanton Award @ Ace Hotel
Sacred
In light of the recent natural disasters and climate changes, now more than ever must we praise Mother Earth on a deeper level.
From Mt. Tamalpais to Fruitvale Station
"Either there's hope, or I am merely dreaming... "A diverse community unites in arts and activism to address the epidemic of police killings of people of color in this dynamic hip hop music video.
3:30
Put it Down
Put it Down by Maya Claridge is a music video with a powerful message.
2:34
Power Up
Three young girls find their power exists inside of them the whole time
5:37
Beta Radio - On The Frame (A Family History)
Many families mark the passage of time by drawing lines on a door frame to measure their children’s growth. For Ben Mabry, this tradition stretches back over forty years as three generations of his family left their “mark” on a single wall in his grandfather’s house.
4:44
Let Love Be the Change
Let Love Be the Change is a lyric music video that celebrates love and forgiveness.
"Fighter" Infinite Love For Kids Fighting Cancer
'Fighter' is an authentic representation of kids fighting for their lives due to cancer.
Best of MY HERO Films
Get inspired by wonderful heroes, creative short films & powerful activism in film.
Hunger is NOT a Game
This original a rap brings light to the poverty and starvation that people (especially children) are experiencing across the globe.
4:03
Hard Times
4:37
School (Not Our Thing)
3:18
Anti-Street Harassment
A music video inspired by Bollywood depicts a woman walking down the street. This short public service announcement makes a statement about street harassment in New York City through a re-appropriation of the lyrics of Gnarls Barkley's 'Crazy'.
4:16
Amai's Paintings of Peace
Amai's Paintings of Peace is a tribute to the children of the Army Public School who were martyred by terrorists.