4th Grade Class Honors Jeremy Glick '88

by Saddle River Day School

After participating in the My Hero project this fall, the 4th grade class is taking it one step further. They are now participating in My Hero: Call to Action, and have chosen Jeremy Glick as the hero they want to support. Jeremy Glick ‘88 was an SRDS Alumni and parent who passed away on Flight 93 on September 11th. To read 4th grader, Emmy Glick’s My Hero essay about Jeremy, click here.

The class is working with Jeremy’s Heroes, a non-profit organization formed by Jeremy’s sister Jen after his death. This organization is helping to raise money for the Red Cross Japanese Relief fund. Specifically, the class is working with an after school program in Harlem, funded by Jeremy’s Heroes.

Currently Mrs. Neitzer’s class and the class in Harlem are creating pins with the flag of Japan on them, and in Harlem these flags are being sold for $1 each. At SRDS, these pins will be given out as a Thank You along with a My Hero sticker for any donation. Both locations will pool their funds to make one large donation to the Red Cross Relief Fund.

To document this project, the creator of My Hero has loaned SRDS video equipment and put the class in touch with Emmy winning videographer, Skip Blumberg. He came to SRDS and ran a workshop to teach this class how to use the equipment and make a video. The video will be submitted to the My Hero website.

Read the article directly from the school's website
Jeremy Glick story - Read the Jeremy Glick hero story on MY HERO

Wednesday, April 27th, 2011
Saddle River Day School
Saddle River, New Jersey