ABOUT
The 10th Annual MY HERO International Film Festival took place at took place at the Herb Alpert Educational Village in the Ann and Jerry Moss Theater. Entries came in from all over the world, including Australia, Canada, China, Congo, England, France, Germany, Ghana, Greece, India, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Netherlands, Nigeria, Puerto Rico, Senegal, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Switzerland, Thailand, the UK, and the USA.

The MY HERO International Film Festival explores the theme of heroism in documentary, narrative, animation and experimental short films, and supports the crucial work of real life heroes and passionate filmmakers by recognizing their efforts to a worldwide audience online. Winning films can all be viewed online and this library of hope and inspiration is used to enrich classroom learning globally.

Special awards are given to filmmakers whose work celebrates those working for peace and tolerance, and ocean conservation. Ron Kovic gives a Peace Prize; Kathy and Amy Eldon present the Dan Eldon Activist Award honoring those using media for positive social change; MacGillivray Freeman Films' One World One Ocean campaign sponsors the Sylvia Earle Ocean Conservation Award;
The Foundation for the Contemporary Family gives the Relationship First Award.

myhero.com/go/Kovic
myhero.com/go/Eldon
myhero.com/go/EarleAward
myhero.com/RelationshipsFirst

The MY HERO International Film Festival sponsors include: The Seedlings Foundation, USC School of Cinematic Arts, The Coalition for Engaged Education, New Roads School, The Foundation for the Contemporary Family, Big View Pictures Inc, Google, LRG, Sorenson, Shure, Barracuda Software, Ken and Sandra Malamed, Marilyn Athey, Joyce Sharman, Dorothy Meyers, Ken Koslow, Mark Cavanagh, Cynthia Costas-Cohen, Rita Stern Milch, Karen Pritzker, Sue Miller, Monica Olsen, Judy Anderson Ph.d.
myhero.com/sponsorship-information

Winning short films, including documentaries, narratives, experimental shorts, music videos and excerpts can be freely viewed in the MY HERO screening room online:
myhero.com/Winners