2018 Winner Kim Phuc [excerpt]

The Sunrise Storyteller by Kasha Sequoia Slavner 

View the 2018 Ron Kovic Peace Prize Finalists

Accepting ongoing submissions for 2019

Ron Kovic is an accomplished author, painter, and activist who has worked for world peace over the last 40 years. As a former Marine Corps sergeant, he served two tours of duty in the Vietnam War before being wounded in combat and paralyzed from the mid-chest down. He went on to become a prominent spokes-person for the anti-war movement, having since addressed the Democratic National Convention in 1976, President Obama and other dignitaries at the 32nd annual Kennedy Center Honors Ceremony in 2009, and Rome's Mayor GianniAlemanno and other civic leaders as a member of Council for Dignity, Forgiveness, and Reconciliation in 2010.

Born on the Fourth of July is an award winning feature film by Oliver Stone, where Ron Kovic is portrayed by Tom Cruise.

The MY HERO Film Festival is honored to annually bestow the Ron Kovic Peace Prize to the director of the short film that

most effectively addresses the issue of world peace. The accompanying $1000 cash prize supports the critical efforts of

artists and peace activists whose work shows the power of non-violent solutions to our world's troubles. 

Click here to download the PDF Postcard.

2017 Winner

Previous Award Winners

2016 peace prize winner

2015 peace prize

2014 peace prize

2013 peace prize

2012 peace prize

2011 peace prize

2010 peace prize

2009 peace prize

2008 peace prize