Peace
Frank Marshall | Frank Marshall
Right To Play [Excerpt]
6:37
Sorry, your browser does not support inline SVG. Sorry, your browser does not support inline SVG.

Right To Play [Excerpt]

Frank Marshall | Frank Marshall | Documentary | 2012 | USA | 6:37

Instead of cashing in on his Olympic haul, Johann Olav Koss embarked on a remarkable journey that has established him as one of the world's greatest ambassadors of sports. As the founder, President and CEO of Right To Play, Koss and his army of volunteers, teachers, coaches and diplomats have used the power of athletics to elevate the lives of the world's neediest children. This film is the winner of The Ron Kovic Peace Prize and Best of Fest in the 2012 MY HERO International Film Festival. Director Frank Marshall had this response: “Johann and his organization are literally heroes to children in need around the globe,” he stated. “So it’s extremely appropriate and a great honor to accept these two awards from The MY HERO Project on behalf of our film on Johann Olav Koss and his incredible organization, Right to Play.”

WINNER of the Ron Kovic Peace Prize 2012!

For More Information

Acceptance speech by Ryan Suffren at USC - Festival Awards Ceremony
<
>

Anne Frank's Story
March for our Lives - LA 2018
A PLANET DIVIDED
Mohamed Sidibay: Teaching Peace
Mohamed Sidibay is a survivor of a horrific civil war in Sierra Leone, where he was forced to fight as a child soldier. Now he advocates for better access to education worldwide.
Evocative Voice of Bung Tomo
Filmmaker Lisa Donato Accepts the Eldon Activist Award and Kovic Peace Prize
Kathy Eldon presents director Lisa Donato with the Dan Eldon Activist Award and the Ron Kovic Peace Prize, on behalf of Ron Kovic, for her film Reclaiming Pakistan at the 2017 MY HERO Film Festival.
Peace Pals International
International Youth Media Summit
The inspiring official promo video for the 11th International Youth Media Summit 2016. in Kathmandu, Nepal made by their founders and delegates!
Blood and Soil In #CHARLOTTESVILLE
VIEWER WARNING! THIS VIDEO CONTAINS SWEARING AND VIOLENCE. First hand experience of standing up in Charlottesville.
1:54
The Sunrise Storyteller - Trailer
The Sunrise Storyteller follows the hero's journey of teenage filmmaker & social justice advocate, Kasha Sequoia Slavner, as she sets out for six months on her 16th birthday across the world in search of stories of hope and resilience that shine a light on what it means to be a global citizen and how we can all make a difference.
5:06
Welcome to the Peace Center
Two student filmmakers embark on a journey into Bukinda, Uganda, one of the most rural villages of the country, to capture the lives of children in The Peace Centre Uganda orphanage.
2:41
The PEACE Project: Restorative Justice
Victim Offender Mediation is a restorative justice practice that emphasizes offender accountability, providing victims a voice in being a part of the solution of juvenile crime, and an opportunity to repair the harm caused to the victim.
8:26
Reclaiming Pakistan
A civil rights activist, Mohammad Jibran Nasir, sparks a social revolution after almost 140 children were killed in the Peshawar Army School tragedy.
2:30
ROOTED in PEACE - Trailer
ROOTED in PEACE challenges viewers to examine their values as Americans and human beings.
Between Us
Israelis and Palestinians meet over their shared grief and discover that the only way to move forward together is through dialogue.
From Mt. Tamalpais to Fruitvale Station
"Either there's hope, or I am merely dreaming... "A diverse community unites in arts and activism to address the epidemic of police killings of people of color in this dynamic hip hop music video.
2:30
Exam Stress, Syrian Style
In Syria they take exam stress to a whole new level. This UNICEF commission for the 6th anniversary of the war is an innovative mix of paper models, drawing and CG graphics animated using motion capture.
2:41
The Journey Within (official trailer)
In a post 9/11 Pakistan faced with challenges of war and conflict, a quest for self-identity leads the inspirational journey of a music show to help reclaim the rich and vast musical heritage of this region. In doing so it has become one of the biggest music initiatives from this side of the world, bringing together unique cultural experiences and genres, including but not limited to folk, sufi, rock, pop and rap music. We discover the show from its humble beginnings, living through its spirit to reach the heart of the experience, as artists unify eastern and western sounds to make music that will resonate across the globe; impacting all involved and planting the seeds for an ongoing inward reflection towards who we are as individuals and as a people.
7:56
I Paint, I Protest: Mary Perry Stone
'Why don’t you just paint pretty pictures?' a woman once asked the artist Mary Perry Stone.
Films about Peace
Films from the MY HERO archive celebrating those working for peace.