Peace
Directed by: Frank Marshall | Produced by: Frank Marshall
Right To Play [Excerpt]
6:37
Sorry, your browser does not support inline SVG. Sorry, your browser does not support inline SVG.

Right To Play [Excerpt]

Directed by: Frank Marshall | Produced by: Frank Marshall | Documentary | 2012 | USA | 6:37

Instead of cashing in on his Olympic haul, Johann Olav Koss embarked on a remarkable journey that has established him as one of the world's greatest ambassadors of sports. As the founder, President and CEO of Right To Play, Koss and his army of volunteers, teachers, coaches and diplomats have used the power of athletics to elevate the lives of the world's neediest children. This film is the winner of The Ron Kovic Peace Prize and Best of Fest in the 2012 MY HERO International Film Festival. Director Frank Marshall had this response: “Johann and his organization are literally heroes to children in need around the globe,” he stated. “So it’s extremely appropriate and a great honor to accept these two awards from The MY HERO Project on behalf of our film on Johann Olav Koss and his incredible organization, Right to Play.”

WINNER of the Ron Kovic Peace Prize 2012!

For More Information

Acceptance speech by Ryan Suffren at USC - Festival Awards Ceremony
Right to Play Interntional
<
>

5:40
Louis’ story: child soldier to role model
This film by the Thomson Reuters Foundation tells the story of Louis Lakor, a former child soldier with the Lord's Resistance Army (LRA) rebel group in northern Uganda.
10:01
Art for Peace
This film by the Thomson Reuters Foundation tells the story of South Sudan's young artists battling for peace with the music, film and poetry.
9:44
Beyond Boko Haram
Psychologist Dr Fatima Akilu, who trained in Britain's National Health Service, works with both victims and members of the Islamist militant group Boko Haram.
5:37
Kim Phuc - excerpt from The Sunrise Storyteller
Young filmmaker Kasha Slavner interviews Unesco Goodwill Ambassador Phan Thi Kim Phuc, who survived a napalm bomb when she was a 9-year-old during the Vietnam War.
Anne Frank's Story
March for our Lives - LA 2018
A PLANET DIVIDED
2:48
Mohamed Sidibay: Teaching Peace
Mohamed Sidibay is a survivor of a horrific civil war in Sierra Leone, where he was forced to fight as a child soldier. Now he advocates for better access to education worldwide.
Evocative Voice of Bung Tomo
Filmmaker Lisa Donato Accepts the Eldon Activist Award and Kovic Peace Prize
Kathy Eldon presents director Lisa Donato with the Dan Eldon Activist Award and the Ron Kovic Peace Prize, on behalf of Ron Kovic, for her film Reclaiming Pakistan at the 2017 MY HERO Film Festival.
Peace Pals International
Celebrating 2017 art honoree, director Jules Lamore and the 20th Anniversary of Peace Pals International, which inspires global youth to make art for peace.
International Youth Media Summit
The inspiring official promo video for the 11th International Youth Media Summit 2016. in Kathmandu, Nepal made by their founders and delegates!
Blood and Soil In #CHARLOTTESVILLE
VIEWER WARNING! THIS VIDEO CONTAINS SWEARING AND VIOLENCE. First hand experience of standing up in Charlottesville.
1:54
The Sunrise Storyteller - Trailer
The Sunrise Storyteller follows the hero's journey of teenage filmmaker & social justice advocate, Kasha Sequoia Slavner.
5:06
Welcome to the Peace Center
Two student filmmakers embark on a journey into Bukinda, Uganda, one of the most rural villages of the country, to capture the lives of children in The Peace Centre Uganda orphanage.
2:41
The PEACE Project: Restorative Justice
Victim Offender Mediation is a restorative justice practice that emphasizes offender accountability, providing victims a voice in being a part of the solution of juvenile crime, and an opportunity to repair the harm caused to the victim.
8:26
Reclaiming Pakistan
A civil rights activist, Mohammad Jibran Nasir, sparks a social revolution after almost 140 children were killed in the Peshawar Army School tragedy.
2:30
ROOTED in PEACE - Trailer
ROOTED in PEACE challenges viewers to examine their values as Americans and human beings.
Between Us
Israelis and Palestinians meet over their shared grief and discover that the only way to move forward together is through dialogue.
From Mt. Tamalpais to Fruitvale Station
"Either there's hope, or I am merely dreaming... "A diverse community unites in arts and activism to address the epidemic of police killings of people of color in this dynamic hip hop music video.