Peace
Some materials in this film might not be suitable for younger audiences.
CONTINUE

Defying Death in South Sudan

Produced by: Francis Mead | Documentary | 2015 | United States | 7:24

You are an unarmed UN civilian in charge of a compound where 12000 people have fled for safety. You are confronted by 80 armed soldiers and a government minister demanding to enter the compound. You know they will almost certainly kill people if they get in. What do you do?

For More Information

United Nations
Ron Kovic Speaks at the MY HERO Awards Ceremony
<
>

9:31
Bullets to Books (Excerpt)
A film exploring The Jüdische Kulturbund Project and the critical importance of peace in South Sudan.
Power of Compassion & Importance of the Work of CCARE
Dr. James Doty, speaks on the power of compassion and importance of the work of CCARE
7:49
Amai & Sadako's Prayer
Amai the bird of light takes her friends on an exciting adventure where they learn about Hope, forgiveness and peace.
2:52
How an Unexpected Kindness can Change a Life
Professor of Neurosurgery, James Doty, M.D., tells a touching story of how one interaction can alter the course of a person’s life.
5:40
Kim Phuc - excerpt from The Sunrise Storyteller
Young filmmaker Kasha Slavner interviews Unesco Goodwill Ambassador Phan Thi Kim Phuc, who survived a napalm bomb when she was a 9-year-old during the Vietnam War.
2:48
Mohamed Sidibay: Teaching Peace
Mohamed Sidibay is a survivor of a horrific civil war in Sierra Leone, where he was forced to fight as a child soldier. Now he advocates for better access to education worldwide.
Peace Pals International
Celebrating 2017 art honoree, director Jules Lamore and the 20th Anniversary of Peace Pals International, which inspires global youth to make art for peace.
1:54
The Sunrise Storyteller - Trailer
The Sunrise Storyteller follows the hero's journey of teenage filmmaker & social justice advocate, Kasha Sequoia Slavner.
8:26
Reclaiming Pakistan
A civil rights activist, Mohammad Jibran Nasir, sparks a social revolution after almost 140 children were killed in the Peshawar Army School tragedy.
9:00
WOJ!
Esther Wojcicki shares her vision for a Moonshot Movement in Education.
5:09
Upstanders: The Mosque Across the Street
What happens when a mosque moves across the street from a church in the Bible Belt?
8:34
Post-war Machismo: Be a Man
Dragan Kisin joined the Be a Man club in Bosnia and Herzegovina's Banja Luka. He is now a community leader and non-violence advocate.
4:16
Amai's Paintings of Peace
Amai's Paintings of Peace is a tribute to the children of the Army Public School who were martyred by terrorists.
Us and Us
A look at dehumanization through the eyes of a black teen and the history of genocides.
7:24
Defying Death in South Sudan
Defying death in South Sudan. Featuring Humanitarian Hero Award Winner Ken Payumo.
6:30
About Ron Kovic
Ron Kovic is veteran, author, artist, and speaker who has spent decades advocating for peace.
6:03
Curt Lowens: A Life of changes
The Righteous Conversations Digital Storytelling Workshop brings to the screen Holocaust survivor Curt Lowens' story of escape and resistance during World War II.
3:17
Hands Up Don't Shoot
Nashville students, Queen McElrath and team show love and talent for Michael Brown and the people of Ferguson Missouri.
9:42
Blessed is the Peacemaker
Blessed is the Peacemaker is a short film developed by Wide Angle Youth Media's Mentoring Video Project.
9:58
A Quest for Peace: Nonviolence Among Religions
Young filmmaker, Matthew J. Evans, takes a look at one of the most pressing issues in our modern society: violence among religions.