Angels

Jesús Morales

by Abigail Richardson from MY HERO Staff

The Social Media Philanthropist Changing Lives, One Donation at a Time

In the sprawling landscape of social media influencers, Jesús Morales, better known by his handle @juixxe, stands out not for the usual reasons of glamour and fame, but for his profound impact on the lives of everyday people. Based in Texas, Morales has harnessed the power of social media to spearhead philanthropic efforts, demonstrating how digital platforms can be used for genuine good.

Early Life and Social Media Journey

Morales was raised in Texas, where he cultivated a deep appreciation for community and a strong sense of social responsibility. His journey into the world of social media began like many others, with a simple desire to share his experiences and connect with a broader audience. However, it wasn't long before Morales discovered a higher calling within the digital realm. Morales embodies values of kindness, generosity, and community support.

The Rise of @juixxe

After the pandemic broke out, Morales was furloughed from his job, so he began using TikTok as a vehicle to fight boredom and make people smile. He thought back to a nickname from high school in Aurora, Illinois — “Juice” — and used that as the inspiration for his username: @juixxe.

His initial posts were purely for fun, but Morales says he was inspired by other social media posts that featured creators giving donations to those in need, and thought he’d give that a try.

His videos often feature him surprising strangers with generous donations, helping those who are struggling to make ends meet. From single mothers to street vendors. His reason for targeting street vendors was due to his own family’s struggles when they first arrived in the US from Mexico. Said Morales: “They really came from nothing. My parents were literally sleeping on a piece of cardboard on a basement floor.”[i]

Today, Morales has amassed more than 5 million followers and more than 160 million likes. He’s secured sponsorships from big-name brands and filmed videos with celebrities like Mario Lopez and Oscar de la Hoya. Viewers of his videos have donated hundreds of thousands of dollars to help his cause.

“It’s a huge blessing, and I don’t take this for granted,” Morales stated. “I try to do my best to use this as a platform every day to give back to the community. I’m going to continue as long as I can pay my rent and raise my family”[ii]

One of the key elements of Morales’s success is his authenticity. Each video captures genuine reactions and heartfelt gratitude, creating an emotional connection that resonates with his audience. His followers are not just passive viewers but active participants in his philanthropic efforts, often contributing to the donations and sharing the stories to widen the impact.

Impact and Reach

The ripple effect of Morales’s work is profound. By showcasing the struggles and resilience of ordinary people, he has fostered a community of empathy and generosity. His followers, inspired by his actions, often contribute financially to support his initiatives. This collaborative effort amplifies the impact, enabling Morales to help more people than he could on his own.

One of the most remarkable aspects of Morales’s approach is his focus on the immediate and practical needs of individuals. Whether it’s providing a week’s worth of groceries, covering medical expenses, or helping someone pay their rent, his contributions address pressing concerns, offering a lifeline to those in desperate need.

The Future of @juixxe

Looking ahead, Jesús Morales aims to expand his philanthropic efforts, exploring new ways to leverage social media for social good. He envisions a platform where influencers and followers collaborate seamlessly to identify and address needs within communities.

“I hope to be doing cooler things to impact more people as the money grows,” said Morales, who relies on donations from social media followers augmented by the Venmo Challenge fund and, to a lesser extent, the TikTok creators fund. He also raises money from his paid brand partnerships. “The twist to me is to be able to tie it into my community for people who might be struggling.”[iii]

Morales exemplifies the transformative power of social media when used with a heart of compassion. His journey from a content creator to a social media philanthropist highlights the potential for individuals to make a significant impact on the world around them. Through his acts of kindness, Morales not only changes the lives of those he helps directly but also inspires a broader community to act with empathy and generosity. In a digital age often criticized for fostering superficial connections, Morales’s work stands as a testament to the profound and real connections that can be forged through genuine acts of kindness.

[i]This 27-year-old keeps taking day laborers to Disneyland. One thing always catches his attention'  by Catherine E. Shoichet, CNN

[ii]Local TikToker Juixxe works full time giving away money, and more, to taco vendors and others struggling in today’s economy’ by Diane Bell, The San Diago Union Tribune

[iii] Ibid