Johnny Appleseed

by Carl from Kazakhstan

119432Johnny Appleseedgoogle imagesHave you always wanted to know what makes a person a hero? I think a hero needs to be kind and polite. I think that because if a hero is not kind and polite then everyone will be scared of him. Also if they are kind and polite then they will be famous and everyone will call them to help. Well that's a good thing because they are making the community better for them. Then a hero also needs to have a strong character because then they won't give up or be scared. Johnny Appleseed didn't give up even when there was a snow blizzard. He also didn't give up going to different places to plant apple seeds, even when he had to go back because he ran out of apple seeds.

Johnny Appleseed is a man who planted apple seeds for farmers and nature. Apple seeds are very special because from them you can make different food. Johnny Appleseed planted apple seeds for farmers. That is important because if farmers do not have food they will die. Johnny Appleseed planted apple seeds in nature. That is important because if nature does not have trees we will not have air.

119433Plantinggoogle imagesJohnny Appleseed was born in Massachusetts on September 26, 1774. When he was 2, his father went to war. After that his mother and brother became ill and died. When he was 6 his father married a woman named Lucky. Then they raised 10 more children. Johnny loved to play with his brothers and sisters. Also Johnny loved to go to the nature. When Johnny grew up, he studied about apples. They and their neighbors grew apples. Apples are very important crop for farmer families. Every year in fall, Johnny would help his father to pick apples in the orchard. Johnny was just as happy in the orchard as he was in the woods. In 1797, Johnny was 23. In that year settlers were moving west across Indian lands. They cleared land and built log cabins. Johnny also wanted to build his own cabin. Johnny would move west and build a cabin in Pennsylvania. After that he ran out of apple seeds and then he moved back and again went to the east. In 1845, Johnny got in a snowstorm and died.

Johnny loved to go in the woods. He would rather stay in the woods than in his house. Johnny faced a hard challenge when his  mother and  baby brother died. So he had to go to his grandparents with his sister. He never gave up. 

Johnny Appleseed was polite and kind. That makes him partly a hero. If he was not polite then he would not plant any plants for people. Also he had a strong character. I liked how he planted apples for everyone and everyone was able to share or sell them. You can also be a hero like Johnny.