Maria the Ballerina

Directed by: Na Hyun | Produced by: Na Hyun | Short | 2018 | Indonesia

The leader of change I chose to research was Maria Tallchief  because I like ballet and she was a ballerina.  This leader is known for breaking the barriers for Native American women in ballet.

I decided to work with digital video because I like animation.  I created a Stop Motion video because it was hard, but I wanted to try a challenge.  The process for creating this project was drawing a lot of pictures and adding the voice over.  I was inspired to create this project because Ms. Julie showed me a this video of Stop Motion which is super interesting.

<
>

Bianca Valenti
Bianca Valenti is a professional surfer and a co-founder of the Committee for Equity in Women's Surfing.
Kobe Bean Bryant
Kobe Bryant was a professional basketball player whose life was cut short in a helicopter crash with his daughter Gigi and seven other parents and players on their way to his daughter's game.
Aly Raisman: Winner of Much More Than the Obvious
Aly Raisman is a two-time Olympian gymnast who has celebrated her Jewish heritage in her routines and overcame abuse from gymnast doctor Larry Nassar.
Bethany Hamilton
Bethany Hamilton is a motivational speaker, writer, and professional surfer who survived a shark attack that left her with one arm when she was 13 years old.
Sangeetha Sekar
Sangeetha Sekar is an award-winning soccer player (footballer) who lives on the streets with her family in Chennai, India.
Tribute to the Great One by Kodi from British Columbia
Hockey Player Wayne Gretsky is this student's hero
Christine ‘Sincy’ Sinclair by Amanda from Canada
Christine Sinclair is my inspiration. She is the best female Canadian soccer player. The drawing shows her love and passion for the game.
Roman Reigns by Aldo from Idaho
Wrestler Roman embodies Aldo's ideas of a hero- Roman is overcoming a personal obstacle to continue to pursue his career and passion
Michael Phelps
Michael Phelps is a now-retired competitive swimmer who won 26 Olympic medals, the most of any Olympian.
Misty Copeland
Jackie Robinson Congressional Gold Medal
In 1947, the Brooklyn Dodgers asked Jackie Robinson to join the team. African-Americans had not played on Major League baseball teams since the late 1880s.
Roger Federer
Coach Carl Swearingen
LeBron James by Noah of Memphis, Tenn
LeBron James is a hero to many basketball fans like Noah
Kobe Bryant by Regan Lim
Hero Kobe Bryant
Arthur Ashe, Everyone is Born Equal
Arthur Ashe was the first African American man to play professional tennis.
Earvin ''Magic'' Johnson
Drew Brees
Drew Brees is a quarterback for the Saints who also works to improve the lives of children with cancer.
Wilma Rudolph
As a child, Wilma Rudolph had polio. Through her perseverance, she became a world-record-holding Olympic athlete and won three Olympic gold medals in one year.
Emmanuel Ofosu Yeboah
Emmanuel Ofosu Yeboah rode a bike across Ghana to challenge the stigma of being disabled.