LESSON RESOURCE

MY HERO Curated Multimedia Science Resources

Bring science classrooms to life with MY HERO's Multimedia Resources

Science Lesson Plans and Resources for High School Students Links

Environmental Film Selections for High School Students

By: Laura Nietzer

Students watch a selection of curated films from the MY HERO Multimedia Library to enhance learning at home and school.

Ocean Conservation Efforts Lesson Plans, Activities and Resources for High School

By: Laura Nietzer

Celebrate the Best of Humanity Working on Ocean Conservation:Learning Connected to the UN Sustainability Goal #14 Life Below Water

Science Stories and Lesson Ideas for High School Students
Credit: Celeste Byers: The Amplifier Foundation

Science Lesson Plans and Resources for Middle School Students Links

Ocean Conservation Efforts Lesson Plans, Activities and Resources for Middle School

By: Laura Nietzer

For in school learning and virtual education to enrich learning connected to the UN Sustainability Goal #14: Life Below Water

Environmental Films Selections for Middle School Students

By: Laura Nietzer

Science Stories and Lesson Ideas for Middle School Students
Credit: Kate Deciccio: The Amplifier Foundation

Science Lesson Plans and Resources for Elementary School Students Links

MY HERO Multimedia Ocean Conservation Resources for Elementary Students Link

By: Laura Nietzer

Environmental Film Selections for Elementary Students Link

By: Laura Nietzer

Science Stories and Lesson Ideas for Upper Elementary Students
Credit: Kate Deciccio: The Amplifier Foundation- The March for Science

Additional Multimedia Resource Links

Students learn more about featured scientists and environmentalists using this curated library of stories. Each story has text with an audio link which allows students listen to stories and read along with the text for enriched learning, differentiated instruction and ESL students. 

Stories with Text and Audio About Scientists

By: MY HERO Staff
Katherine Johnson
Credit: St George

Have students learn and be inspired by Katherine Johnson, born August 26, 1918, using this multimedia lesson plan. Katherine Johnson was an African American mathematician who worked as an aerospace technologist for NASA and was the first woman in her division to have her name on a report. In 1962, astronaut John Glenn wouldn't begin his orbit around the moon without Johnson first checking all computer calculations by hand: "If she says they're good, then I'm ready to go." Katherine Johnson was one of the three black women scientists featured in the film Hidden Figures

Students learn about Margot Shetterly, the author of Hidden Figures: The American Dream and the Untold Story of the Black Women Mathematicians Who Helped Win the Space Race. By reading her story, students will learn more about the true story of four African-American Women who helped launch our nation into space and how Margot Shetterly was inspired to write about these women. Who are your students science heroes? 

Link: Margot Shetterly:Shining a Light on Hidden Figures.

Margot Lee Shetterly: Shining a Light on Hidden Figures

By: Shannon Luders-Manuel

Margot Lee Shetterly is the author of Hidden Figures.

Science Represented by Artwork

Enhance science curriculum and student learning with the MY HERO Gallery of art about scientists. Students are welcome to submit their own artwork about scientist heroes through the Create program. 

Science Heroes

Learn about heroes in science through MY HERO's curated science stories organized by grade level. MY HERO welcomes new science hero story submissions by your students through our Create program. 

Films: Science and Scientists

Enhance science curriculum and student learning by using MY HERO's curated science films

MY HERO is looking for students to share their Essays, Films and Art about people using science to make a positive change in the world through our Create program.

Tutorial for students: Publish written stories, film, original artwork and audio in MY HERO's multimedia library.

Create Program

Outstanding essays submitted to MY HERO will be considered for a certificate/t-shirt prize or be featured on the Story Homepage.

Submit your artwork to be entered in the MY HERO art contest or to be exhibited on our Gallery Homepage.

Students can submit their films for free with a waiver to the MY HERO International Film Festival.

Organizer created on 3/26/2020 4:41:40 PM by Laura Nietzer

Last edited 9/23/2020 2:19:05 PM by Laura Nietzer