MY HERO International Film Festival Winner Words Have Power Lesson Plan

Young Voices for the Planet Civic Engagement & Democracy Curriculum: Sample Lesson Plans and Activities by Grade Levels 3-12 For the Award Winning Film "Words Have Power"  

View the Award Winning film "Words Have Power" with the Link Below

Words Have Power Film Link

Produced by:Lynne Cherry
10-year-old Jaysa rallies the community with her speeches about how the power plant causes asthma and “so much suffering.” When they succeed in shutting down the plant, Jaysa concludes that “words have power.”

Suggested MY HERO Activities 

1. Students identify issues that are important to them and realize that they too have the power to make a change. Students are encouraged to use the A.C.T.I.O.N. acronym introduced in the lessons to create an action plan and share the story of their efforts with MY HERO.

2. Students research activists working towards a solution to the issues identified and share his or her story with MY HERO.

3. Students are encouraged to create an original piece of artwork depicting their hero to submit to MY HERO.

Learn about a New Hero Every Day of the Year: Use the MY HERO Calendar in the Classroom

Teachers Calendar

Students can share their Hero Essays, Films and Art through our Create Program

How to use MY HERO's Create Program to Publish Stories, Art, Film and Audio for Students

Tutorial for students: Publish written stories, film, original artwork and audio in MY HERO's multimedia library.

Create Program

Outstanding essays submitted to MY HERO will be considered for a certificate/t-shirt prize or be featured on the Story Homepage.

Submit your artwork to be entered in the MY HERO art contest or to be exhibited on our Gallery Homepage.

Students can submit their films for free with a waiver to the MY HERO International Film Festival.

Organizer created on 12/12/2019 4:17:48 PM by Laura Nietzer

Last edited 1/8/2024 12:21:06 PM by Laura Nietzer