Activist

My Life with Rosie [Trailer]

Directed by: Angela Williamson | Documentary | 2018 | USA | 2:53

Before she was known as Rosa Parks, the Mother of the Civil Rights Movement, she was known by her family as Rosie. She was the cousin who would sit vigil with her grandfather to protect her cousin, Thomas Williamson, Sr., from being lynched by the KKK. It would be family that she would turn to when her life was being threatened on a daily basis in Alabama. Carolyn Green remembers the phone call that would lead Cousin Rosie to Detroit and her father’s role in making it happen. This short documentary by Dr. Angela Sadler Williamson examines this relationship and Carolyn Green’s quest to continue her cousin’s public service legacy – the legacy of human rights. Candid interviews with Rosa Park’s biographer Dr. Jeanne Theoharis and several prominent community leaders and volunteers tell empowering stories about how the relationship of these two women would lead to a lifetime of public service to eradicate injustice from American culture. 

For More Information

My Life With Rosie - Feature Film
<
>

Conserving water
Siberian tiger video
Dogs
protect the gray wolf
animal rights matter
Animal Rights
What do you care about?
RBG [Trailer]
At the age of 84, U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has developed a breathtaking legal legacy while becoming an unexpected pop culture icon.
2:53
My Life with Rosie [Trailer]
This documentary is focused on Rosie Parks' 40 years of community service in the city of Detroit.
Playas de Tijuana
An inspiring poem about the border fence that meets the sea, where names become prayers and where “the worst place to be is here and not there.”
T(he)y
Each day, different people experience and view the world through entirely different lenses, based on those identities. Often, we forget that this is the case.
3:46
Still I Rise
A visual and musical interpretation of American poet and civil rights activist Maya Angelou’s electrifying poem "Still I Rise."
3:28
mothers2mothers: Chancy
Mothers2mothers addresses the health needs of under-served communities in Africa by empowering "Mentor Mothers" to work in local communities and provide medical services that are sorely lacking.
4:57
Idle No More
Heather Archibald was a social activist and foster care child who passed away. Her strong words are honored in this film.
5:53
Educate Girls
In India, the majority of girls do not complete their primary education. Educate Girls is working to make education more accessible to girls by partnering with public schools, training local champions for girls’ education, and mobilizing communities to help girls achieve their full potential
4:28
The Last Straw
Nine-year-old Milo Cress is concerned about the millions of straws that pollute waterways, waste fossil-fuel resource and harm ocean creatures. With the help of some friends, he convinces restaurants to “go straw-free”. Milo then takes the fight all the way to Capitol Hill.
He Named Me Malala - Official Trailer
HE NAMED ME MALALA is a portrait of Nobel Peace Prize Laureate Malala Yousafzai.
Soundiata Keita
2:48
Mohamed Sidibay: Teaching Peace
Mohamed Sidibay is a survivor of a horrific civil war in Sierra Leone, where he was forced to fight as a child soldier. Now he advocates for better access to education worldwide.
Filmmaker Lisa Donato Accepts the Eldon Activist Award and Kovic Peace Prize
Kathy Eldon presents director Lisa Donato with the Dan Eldon Activist Award and the Ron Kovic Peace Prize, on behalf of Ron Kovic, for her film Reclaiming Pakistan at the 2017 MY HERO Film Festival.