Peace

Power of Compassion & Importance of the Work of CCARE

Directed by: CCARE at Stanford University | Short |

Founder and Director of Stanford University's Center for Compassion and Altruism Research and Education (CCARE), Dr. James Doty, speaks on the power of compassion and importance of the work of CCARE. CCARE investigates methods for cultivating compassion and promoting altruism within individuals and society through rigorous research, scientific collaborations, and academic conferences. In addition, CCARE provides a compassion cultivation program and teacher training as well as educational public events and programs. We envision a world in which, thanks to rigorous research studies on the benefits of compassion: -the practice of compassion is understood to be as important for health as physical exercise & healthful diet -empirically validated techniques for cultivating compassion are widely accessible -the practice of compassion is taught and applied in schools, hospitals, prisons, the military and other community settings. To learn more, visit ccare.stanford.edu.

For More Information

Compassion and Altruism Research and Education (CCARE)
<
>

Kyle Carpenter
The Valley of Light Project
The inner flame resides in the heart of each individual, that is why we are all interconnected. All individual flames unite as One Universal Flame of Love and Compassion.
International Day of Peace
Information on ways to contribute to the International Day of Peace Further resources >> https://internationaldayofpeace.org/get-involved/
A Brave and Startling Truth
Maya Angelou reads her poem "A Brave and Startling Truth" which she wrote in commemoration of the UN's 50th Anniversary, in 1995.
To The Boy - for Mattie J.T. Stepanek
Mattie's life philosophy was to play after every storm, so now, when we all feel tossed about but the waves of our world, we must remember to hold onto hope.
Salutation to the Dawn
Pastor Basch, A Personal Hero
9:31
Bullets to Books (Excerpt)
A film exploring The Jüdische Kulturbund Project and the critical importance of peace in South Sudan.
Make a Difference
This song is all about how me and you will come together as one and make a difference that other generations can benefit from.
1:39
My Hero - Walter Sisulu: South African Leader
My film talks about Walter Sisulu and how he was connected to my subject matter in my book.
Dr. James Doty, speaks on the power of compassion and importance of the work of CCARE
7:49
Amai & Sadako's Prayer
Amai the bird of light takes her friends on an exciting adventure where they learn about Hope, forgiveness and peace.
2:52
How an Unexpected Kindness can Change a Life
Professor of Neurosurgery, James Doty, M.D., tells a touching story of how one interaction can alter the course of a person’s life.
5:40
Louis’ story: child soldier to role model
This film by the Thomson Reuters Foundation tells the story of Louis Lakor, a former child soldier with the Lord's Resistance Army (LRA) rebel group in northern Uganda.
10:01
Art for Peace
This film by the Thomson Reuters Foundation tells the story of South Sudan's young artists battling for peace with the music, film and poetry.
9:44
Beyond Boko Haram
Psychologist Dr Fatima Akilu, who trained in Britain's National Health Service, works with both victims and members of the Islamist militant group Boko Haram.
5:40
Kim Phuc - excerpt from The Sunrise Storyteller
Young filmmaker Kasha Slavner interviews Unesco Goodwill Ambassador Phan Thi Kim Phuc, who survived a napalm bomb when she was a 9-year-old during the Vietnam War.
Anne Frank's Story
March for our Lives - LA 2018
Inspiring young leaders speak and perform at the LA March for Our Lives event 2018.
A PLANET DIVIDED