VR

Primordial Soup! VR - simulation video

Ethan Summers | Anne-Marie Napoli | Experimental | 2017 | USA

An immersive and educational exploration. Origins of life: a series of self organizing Eco-systems. This video reflects a 2D example of the immersive experience of Primordial Soup.

In this simulated universe living entities emerge naturally and evolve before your eyes. Originally developed for a collaboration with the SETI Institute, these simulations began as an interpretation of how life might form on the recently discovered TRAPPIST-1 planetary system. Since then, the project has evolved and now evokes a galactic or interstellar feeling, but can also resemble undersea life, and microbial creatures. Just as in the natural world this simulation shows the evolution of complexity, life and behavior. Elementary particles combine together forming a myriad of more complex synthetic creatures - each with its own distinct shape and behavior.

Underground Engine is a collaboration of artists, activists, scientists, and technologists. We visually interpret cutting edge ideas in Science & Technology to form interactive education and public art exhibits.

Our goal is to get science education in front of the general public in a way where people can learn by doing - with their hands and bodies and well as intellect - so that more people can engage with the ideas that are transforming the planet.

For More Information

The Underground Engine
<
>

Shero Robertson @ VR for Social Good Panel
Immersive Storytelling Award Honoree Shero Robertson in the VR for Social Good Panel.
Elliot Dillman - VR for Social Good Panel
Immersive Storytelling Award Winner, Elliot Dillman, shares in the VR for Social Good Panel at the MY HERO International Film Festival.
Angel Manuel Soto - VR for Social Good Panel
Immersive Storytelling Award winner Angel Manuel Soto from RYOT VR speaking in the VR for Social Good Panel at the MY HERO International Film Festival.
Immersive Storytelling Award - VR Showcase
Primordial Soup! VR - simulation video
An immersive and educational exploration. Origins of life: a series of self organizing Eco-systems.
In Harmony
For some LA kids, music is not just a form of art, it’s the key to overcoming the odds.
4:44
Bashir's Dream
Bashir's Dream centers around Qusai Bashir Masaama, a 14-year-old Syrian refugee in Jordan who was shot in the back by a sniper while on a candy run.
4:16
Take Every Wave: Laird in VR
Laird Hamilton's life is unlike many others in that his pursuit of excellent physical condition and forward-thinking wave-riding is still thriving at the age of 53. Enter what's regarded as the longest wave in the world: Chicama, Peru.
Take Every Wave: Laird in VR
In Take Every Wave: Laird in VR, Laird takes you on a journey in virtual reality that's as beautiful as it is poetic.
5:54
Bella Gaia VR
BELLA GAIA is an unprecedented NASA-powered immersive experience that communicates without words, the BEAUTY of the planet both natural and cultural (BELLA) - and the INTERCONNECTEDNESS of all things on Earth (GAIA).
11:00
Step to the Line
Password: STTL4Festival Shot entirely on location in California maximum security prisons, Step to the Line is a virtual reality documentary that aims to provoke a transformation in the spectator’s eyes about prisoners, the prison system, and even themselves.
10:00
Out of the Blue
A child in Mexico inherits an unexpected future after his family of fishermen, facing ever shrinking catches, make a bold decision to change their fate.
We Are Human
A first-person 360 experience. You, the viewer, will view what it's like to stereotype one another first-hand:
6:30
The People United
A first-person 360 experience. You, the viewer, will attend a "No Ban-No Wall" rally in San Francisco first-hand.
6:25
Women on the Move
In Women on the Move, experience in virtual reality the intimacy of rural Niger with Fatchima and her granddaughter, Nana.