VR

Primordial Soup! VR - simulation video

Directed by: Ethan Summers | Produced by: Anne-Marie Napoli | Experimental | 2017 | USA

An immersive and educational exploration. Origins of life: a series of self organizing Eco-systems. This video reflects a 2D example of the immersive experience of Primordial Soup.

In this simulated universe living entities emerge naturally and evolve before your eyes. Originally developed for a collaboration with the SETI Institute, these simulations began as an interpretation of how life might form on the recently discovered TRAPPIST-1 planetary system. Since then, the project has evolved and now evokes a galactic or interstellar feeling, but can also resemble undersea life, and microbial creatures. Just as in the natural world this simulation shows the evolution of complexity, life and behavior. Elementary particles combine together forming a myriad of more complex synthetic creatures - each with its own distinct shape and behavior.

Underground Engine is a collaboration of artists, activists, scientists, and technologists. We visually interpret cutting edge ideas in Science & Technology to form interactive education and public art exhibits.

Our goal is to get science education in front of the general public in a way where people can learn by doing - with their hands and bodies and well as intellect - so that more people can engage with the ideas that are transforming the planet.

For More Information

The Underground Engine
<
>

Authentically Us: She Flies By Her Own Wings [Trailer]
Driven by the military tenet of “Leave No One Behind,” Shannon Scott, a proud transgender veteran pulls the levers of democracy.
Crow: The Legend - VR
Inspired by the original Native American legend, this story is about sacrifice and community.
Authentically Us: We're Still Here [Trailer]
We're Still Here follows Aiden Crawford, a Two-Spirit artist and historian in Boise, Idaho, who struggles to preserve and revive his heritage in a race against time.
Standing Rock: Part Two | The Turnaround: Your World in 360
As winter starts to make its presence known at Standing Rock, water protectors remain committed to ending construction of the Dakota Access Pipeline, preparing themselves and their camp for the harsh North Dakota cold.
Mind at War VR [Trailer]
A room-scale VR experience which takes viewers through a series of VR paintings that depict the memories of Iraq War veteran before, during, and after the war.
Meeting a Monster VR [Trailer]
Meeting a Monster examines the memories and motivations of former white supremacist Angela King.
Breaking Boundaries in Science VR
Breaking Boundaries is an interactive celebration of history’s most influential women scientists.
5:09
Walking with Reality
The team at @One Digital Media within the Mathewson-IGT Knowledge Center was able to bring a virtual reality experience to an artist confined to a wheelchair.
0:57
Anne Frank's House VR
Introducing ‘Anne Frank House VR,’ an Immersive Experience that Recreates Amsterdam’s Secret Annex and Preserves a Piece of Holocaust History
20:00
S19
This VR experience takes you into experience the Earthquake and the heart of community activism after the devastation in Mexico City on September 19, 2017.
7:15
Sanctuaries of Silence
Join Hempton on an immersive listening journey into Olympic National Park, one of the quietest places in North America.
Elliot Dillman - VR for Social Good Panel
Immersive Storytelling Award Winner, Elliot Dillman, shares in the VR for Social Good Panel at the MY HERO International Film Festival.
Angel Manuel Soto - VR for Social Good Panel
Immersive Storytelling Award winner Angel Manuel Soto from RYOT VR speaking in the VR for Social Good Panel at the MY HERO International Film Festival.
Immersive Storytelling Award - VR Showcase
Primordial Soup! VR - simulation video
An immersive and educational exploration. Origins of life: a series of self organizing Eco-systems.
In Harmony
For some LA kids, music is not just a form of art, it’s the key to overcoming the odds.
4:44
Bashir's Dream
Bashir's Dream centers around Qusai Bashir Masaama, a 14-year-old Syrian refugee in Jordan who was shot in the back by a sniper while on a candy run.
4:16
Take Every Wave: Laird in VR
Laird Hamilton's life is unlike many others in that his pursuit of excellent physical condition and forward-thinking wave-riding is still thriving at the age of 53. Enter what's regarded as the longest wave in the world: Chicama, Peru.
Take Every Wave: Laird in VR
In Take Every Wave: Laird in VR, Laird takes you on a journey in virtual reality that's as beautiful as it is poetic.
5:54
Bella Gaia VR
BELLA GAIA is an unprecedented NASA-powered immersive experience that communicates without words.