Events

The MY HERO Project Gala!

The Art of Healing

April 29th from 6:30pm - 9:30pm

The Laguna Art Museum
307 Cliff Drive
Laguna Beach, CA 98267

The MY HERO Project Gala, "The Art of Healing." will support our media arts education programs designed to promote healing, wellness, and positive role models to students of all ages around the world.

Now is a crucial time to support the enormous emotional and social needs of our children and families and, by supporting our event, you can make a tangible impact.

Since 1995, The MY HERO Project has been changing lives one story at a time.  The MY HERO Project uses media, art, and technology to bring hope and inspiration to millions around the world each year forming a global learning community online through our Film Festival and educational programs. 

By sponsoring our Gala, you will expand MY HERO's reach and impact in media arts programs, teacher training, model curricula, and contests that reward and celebrate those creating positive media. The MY HERO International Film Festival, now in its 19th year, brings together professional filmmakers and students from around the world and honors unsung heroes who work for social justice, to protect the environment, to promote equity and inclusion, and who are dedicated to working for peace.

With your support, we will provide a lifeline to people in need and connect people across the globe through the inspiring stories of heroism shared with essays, art, music, and short films on MY HERO's growing media library. 

The Gala will be a festive evening featuring live jazz music, inspiring honorees, art, and beautiful short films.

Please do join us. The evening won't be complete without you cheering on the heroes and supporting our future work. 

Honorees

Kathy Eldon
Author, filmmaker and poet - founder of Creative Visions Foundation

Ron Kovic
Artist, NYT's best selling author, golden globe winning screenwriter and peace activist

Barbara and Greg MacGillivray
IMAX filmmakers capturing amazing stories for over 50 years.

Join Us!

The evening will include live music by the
Stuart Pearlman Jazz Ensemble.

Join us for a special night that will lift spirits and bring much needed hope and inspiration to students around the world.

DOWNLOAD THE FLYER FOR THIS GALA EVENT!

MY HERO is grateful for the support from the following sponsors for this event.

Laguna Art Museum Logo Big View Pictures Logo

Killefer Flammang Architects

Contemporary Family Logo
Zinc Cafe Logo Wine

West Coast Event Productions

Kora Kroep

Tensley
Tensley Wines

___________

GALA SPONSORS

Sandra and Kenneth Malamed

Dorothy Meyers

Jeanne Meyers

Renée Edelman

Judy and Doug Anderson

Barbara and Greg MacGillivray

Eva and Yoel Haller

Karen Pritzker Vlock

Rita Stern Milch

If you can not attend the gala and would like to make a donation, please click here.