The Future of Business is Responsible

Directed by: Paksy Plackis-Cheng | Produced by: PPC and JRF | 2017 | India

The UN featured the video at the United Nations Global Compact Conference (2017).

Paksy Plackis-Cheng, founder of impactmania, was invited to India to witness the United Nations (UN) Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) in action.

Jaipur Rugs, winner of the German Award Design prize, started with 9 weavers 39 years ago. Today, it works with 40,000 (!) artisans across 600 villages in India — 85% are women.

The Company provides training, work, and growth opportunities to women at home. They can remain in their communities instead of migrating to a city and work in factories.

In the short video, an example is given through an artisan who has been taking advantage of by other rugs companies in the past. She was paid little or not at all for her work. After a lifetime of poverty, she became a weaver with Jaipur Rugs, and today leads 25 women. With the money she makes, she is able to care for her family of 8, even sends her daughters to school.

There are millions of women in the global manufacturing supply chains. How do you impact responsible production and consumption?

<
>

ecnomic health
Josh Birks Sustainable Development goal 8.
Bill Gates
Bill Gates is the co-founder of Microsoft and the co-founder of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
Bill Gates
Rajagopal Sundaram
Mohamed Alabbar
Bill Gates
Bill Gates is the founder of Microsoft and the co-founder of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
Bill Gates
Autobiography of Mother Jones
Chuck Feeney on Giving while Living
"I see little reason to delay giving when so much good can be achieved through supporting worthwhile causes today." -- Chuck Feeney, visionary philanthropist and founder of The Atlantic Philanthropies.
The Future of Business is Responsible
A corporate role in ending epidemics
Nate's Hero Faces Art Miles Banner
Quentin Tarantino
Donald Trump
A T-shirt shop grows in Brooklyn – and brings hope to young lives
Philip Knight: The Man Behind the Shoes
Warren Buffett
Bill Gates by Emmeline W from Liberty, Missouri
A High school student pays homage to Bill Gates- for his investing in people who cannot help themselves.
The Moment of Lift: How Empowering Women Changes the World
“In her book, Melinda tells the stories of the inspiring people she’s met through her work all over the world, digs into the data, and powerfully illustrates issues that need our attention―from child marriage to gender inequity in the workplace.” ― President Barack Obama
Julissa Arce
Julissa Arce is a Mexican immigrant and social justice advocate who cofounded the Ascend Educational Fund.