Health

The Happiness Pebbles

Directed by: Jarett & Angela Tan | Short | 2019 | Singapore | 3:40

This film tells a story of a child with dyslexia and visual processing disorder (a light sensitivity condition) that hinders his way of learning in mainstream schools. Together with his mother, they embark a journey of healing and embracing their challenges, using nature and art to inspire children and families around the world.

Children with learning difficulties often try harder than their peers at school. Many are misunderstood for their poor academic performance and have low self-esteem. Jarett was diagnosed with Dyslexia and Irlen Syndrome (also known as visual processing disorder). Through nature art, Jarett finds natural ways to express himself and reminds him of his dreams and hopes. Jarett is an advocate for children with learning difficulties. Today, Jarett's story has touched over 500 children’s lives and inspired many to see beyond limitations.

Every child is special. Love them just the way they are.

<
>

Rachel Gemara: Nursing COVID-19 Patients in Israel
Rachel Gemara is an oncology nurse in Jerusalem who treated patients with COVID-19 at a popup unit at Shaare Zedek Medical Center.
Aileen Cole Stewart: Called to Serve
Aileen Cole Stewart made history as one of 18 African American nurses to serve in the Army Nurse Corp during WWI.
Federica and Baby Malick
Baby Malick was flown from Senegal to Italy for a life-saving heart operation by surgeon Federica Iezzi through the nonprofit One Life Onlus.
Bennet Omalu
Bennet Omalu is a Nigerian pathologist who discovered chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE), caused by participation in football and other contact sports.
13:46
A Moment of Compassion
On the border of Mexico and the USA, Tijuana Native , Dr. Patricia Gonzalez-Zuniga and her team of American and Mexican interns and residents provide care and compassion for anyone in need with their street clinic THE WOUND CLINIC.
The Mother and Child Project compiled by Hope Through Healing Hands
Melinda Gates, Kay Warren, Senator William H. Frist, M.D., Christine Caine, Kimberly Williams Paisley, Michael W. Smith, Natalie Grant, Jennifer Nettles, Jennie Allen, Amy Grant, and many other inspirational leaders, cultural icons, political experts, academics, and service providers tackle the important topic of maternal and child health in developing countries.
Dr. James Doty
James Doty, M.D., FACS, FICS is a professor of neurosurgery at Stanford University and founder and director of the Center for Compassion and Altruism Research and Education.
Hippocrates: The Father of Medicine
Dr. Shiri Daniels
Dr. Shiri Daniels spends every day teaching people how to listen, how to help, how to be there for people.
Umra Omar
Umra Omar, a doctor and member of Safari Doctors, travels through dangerous parts of Kenya to bring medical aid where it is needed.
Waves for Water - Nepal Earthquake
Jon Rose and Waves For Water's Nepal Earthquake Relief Effort
Tommie Hamaluba
Tommie Hamaluba is a teacher in Botswana, Africa, working to eradicate malaria.
Nkosi Johnson
Nkosi Johnson was an orphan infected by HIV who spoke out on behalf of children with AIDS.
Médecins Sans Frontières
Medecins Sans Frontieres won the Nobel Peace Prize for working under fire to save lives.
Thembi Ngubane
Thembi Ngubane offered hope to others living with HIV/AIDS.
Sasa
Sasa a young doctor in Burma keeps his promise to his village.
Marlo Thomas
Marlo Thomas is a champion for children at St. Jude and around the world.
Mother Mary
Mother Mary helps Senegalese children and mothers with HIV/AIDS.
HIPPOCRATES
Hippocrates is famous for the Hippocratic oath, which is usually interpreted as one of the first statements of a moral code of conduct to be used by physicians, one that espouses respect for all human life: First, do no harm.
Medical Missions for Children
Medical Missions for Children uses cutting-edge medical broadcasting technologies to bring medical care to underserved communities.