Relationships

Under the Stars

Clive Elkington, Alex Harvey-Brown | Narrative | 2017 | UK

With his parents’ break up at the forefront of his mind, a young boy seeks escape and someone to talk to. Without a male figure in his life, he seeks solace under the stars with a message for his Grandad, who doesn’t need to reply, but just to listen. They are not so far from here.

<
>

Under the Stars
Harry Dean Stanton Award @ Ace Hotel
5:35
Fear
When fears grow big and hopes get small, a little boy seeks helps from the least likely superhero.
7:02
The Anniversary
Estelle tries to bring Oliver out of his gloom and they end up having an unexpected night of fun and childish games, as they reconnect and support each other through their grief over a tragic loss.
5:09
Upstanders: The Mosque Across the Street
What happens when a mosque moves across the street from a church in the Bible Belt?
6:26
Mutual Rescue: Eric & Peety
5:24
The Future of Our Species
This fall marks the release of 'Leonardo's Brain,' the book that Director Tiffany Shlain's father and best-selling author, Leonard Shlain, finished days before he passed away. Tiffany builds off her father's ideas to explore the future of our species.
14:46
Present Trauma
'Present Trauma' is a psychological drama about Keith, a Marine veteran struggling to cope with family life after a combat tour overseas.