Gallery
Produced by: The MY HERO Project
2015 Santa Monica Chamber of Commerce New Heroes Celebration
3:49
Sorry, your browser does not support inline SVG. Sorry, your browser does not support inline SVG.

Produced by: The MY HERO Project | 2015 | USA | 3:49

<
>

Abdul Sattar Edhi
Abdul Sattar Edhi was a Pakistani philanthropist, ascetic, and humanitarian who founded the Edhi Foundation, which runs hospitals, homeless shelters, rehab centres, and orphanages across Pakistan.
Tribute to BB King
Marilyn Huerta paints a portrait of blues musician BB King as a tribute to his significant career
Eleanor Roosevelt for President!
Huerta's portrait of Eleanor Roosevelt for President! is strong and sympathetic
Look To The Sky by peacemaker Ron Kovic
Kovic's touching representation of a life affirming message
Martin Luther King Jr. painted by Marilyn Huerta
Marilyn Huerta paints Martin Luther King Jr's portrait as a civil rights leader and non violent activist
Mahatma Gandhi
Indian independence leader and pacifist Gandhi is celebrated by artist Marilyn Huerta
Louis Zamperini by Marilyn Huerta
A portrait of WW2 prisoner of war survivor and Olympic athlete Louis Zamperini by Marilyn Huerta
Frida Kahlo by Marilyn Huerta
Visionary and iconic female Mexican artist, Frida Kahlo created magic realist works that admired today
Samantha Smith
Samantha Reed Smith (June 29, 1972 - August 25, 1985) was an American schoolgirl from Manchester, Maine, who became known as "America's Youngest Ambassador" in the United States and the "Goodwill Ambassador" in the Soviet Union during her short lifetime.
Muhammad Ali
Arguably boxing's most celebrated athlete, heavyweight champion Muhammad Ali was also known for his public stance against the Vietnam War and his longtime battle with Parkinson's disease.
Malcolm X
African-American leader and prominent figure in the Nation of Islam, Malcolm X articulated concepts of race pride and black nationalism in the 1950s and '60s
Abraham Lincoln
Portrait of Abraham Lincoln by Robert Shetterly and from Americans Who Tell the Truth
Ray Charles
Portrait of the singer, songwriter and musician Ray Charles by Marilyn Huerta
Art Miles Mural Project
Spris together with Art Miles Project show a study of South Korea - at peace and in turmoil.
Chief Sitting Bull
This mural by Joel Bergner celebrates Chief Sitting Bull, of the Lakota Sioux nation, who resisted the American government in the 1800's and stood up for Native American independence
Arab Spring
This mural, Arab Spring, shows Queen Zenobia, a heroine to the Syrians who resisted the oppression of the Roman Empire in ancient times. In these tragic times in Syria, it is important to remember her.
Gdansk
Gdansk, Poland, celebrated in this mural by Joel Bergner, was the birthplace of the labor movement known as "Solidarity", that helped bring an end to Communist rule across Central Europe.
Hamatsa Ceremony
In the coming- of- age Hamatsa ceremony, a boy on the verge of manhood is "kidnapped", becomes wild and uncontrollable, and then the community brings the boy back to "humanity". In our modern urban reality, this concept is still very important for our youth.
Helen Thomas
Author, journalist, columnist 1943 - 2013 Pioneering female reporter; first female member of the White House press corps
John James Audubon
John James Audubon was an American ornithologist, naturalist, and painter. He was notable for his extensive studies documenting all types of American birds