The MY HERO Project | Library

The Story of My Life : The Restored Edition

By Helen Keller

Publisher: W W Norton & Co Inc
ISBN: 0553213873
MY HERO recommends this book to readers of all age groups.
In this autobiography, initially published in 1903, Helen Keller recalls her remarkable life as a blind and deaf woman taught to communicate by Ann Sullivan. Here among other memories, Keller describes her epiphany at the water pump when she connected the physical world with its linguistic counterpart. Keller was eventually educated at Radcliffe University, where she graduated with honors.
User Reviews:
Abbie | 3/11/2011 9:19 AM
I love what you did for the handicapped!!!!!!!!!
christine katcheech from Edmonton AB | 2/8/2011 7:53 AM
I am reading "helen keller" and its so amazing it really blows my mind!! just the desire to "fit in" really is powerful!!
chelsea stephens | 1/5/2007 6:37 AM
i love helen keller storys i felt sorry for her when i figured out in school allabout her if i was her i would thank annie for her hard and succesful work and it amazed me all about these storys i cant wait to figure out all about these wonderful women!!!
Alyssa Larsen from Minong, WI | 10/26/2005 7:27 AM
Helen Keller was surely a strong woman and a woman each of us need to reflect on when we feel that life is tough. She was a miracle maker herself.  I've enjoyed learning about her for my 5th grade report.
Jane Kinderloin | 10/24/2004 11:31 AM
I have always looked up to Helen Keller. I always admired her bold and determined personality. Many obstacles stood in her way, but she fought and finally passed through all of them. After reading her autobiography, all of my life's obstacles seem nothing, compared to Helen Keller.
Karen Chu from My Hero | 3/7/2004 10:10 AM
This autobiography utterly inspired me. Helen Keller was an extraordinary woman who I looked up to as a role model. Despite the fact that she lost her sight, speech, and ability to hear as a toddler, she overcame all limitation and obstacles and became a successful writer. With her story in mind, all of my life challenges seem much more managable.

Write your comments
  • Only registered users can write reviews