Archies Ice Cream

Directed by: Ryan Jachetta | Produced by: Ryan Jachetta | Starring: Shant, Brett G Kim, Elliott Dynes | Documentary | 2018 | United States

This documentary follows the story of Shant, the owner of Archies Ice Cream and Archies Tow company, who meets rock stars and supports local musicians. The untold history of his family and how the Archies Ice Cream community started and why Shant enjoys supporting these teen bands.

<
>

Lena Horne
Lena Horne, a singer, dancer, and actress, was one of the top African American performers of her time.
Spike Lee
Spike Lee is an Academy Award-winning producer, director, writer, and actor whose films wrestle with social justice issues that affect the black community.
Jean-Michel Basquiat
Jean-Michel Basquiat is an artist from the 1980s who demonstrated perseverance in overcoming obstacles to create messages that deeply resonate with his audience
Eurydice by Elise Paschen
Tsering Wangmo
Tsering Wangmo is a Tibetan filmmaker who won the Emerging Artist award at the 2019 MY HERO International Film Festival for "Conversations With My Mother."
Carrie Underwood by Ava Stewart from Liberty, Mo
A high school student celebrates Carrie Underwood's faith and her capacity for love of all different people and their lifestyles.
Brad Bird by Austin Lang from Liberty HS, Missouri
Phillip Bradley Bird (born September 24, 1957) is a US animation director and screenwriter, best known for animated feature films like The Iron Giant .
Black Iris by Georgia o'Keeffe
Georgia O'Keeffe is best known for her Flower paintings in which she uses a very close up point of view that makes the subject into an abstraction.
Women Heroes Noel Bennett and Tiana Bighorse
Two storytellers, elder Tiana Bighorse and young Noel Bennett published Tiana's family history. Now elderly, Noel is collaborating with Tiana's great grandson.
Love Has Made Me Happy by Ron Kovic
The Power of love and human relationships is the subject of this dual portrait by Ron Kovic
Sun with Sailboat by Ron Kovic
Ron Kovic's Winship Cottage period was a very fertile time for this artist activist and this work shows the exuberant expressionist style he developed there
A New Nation is Being Born by Ron Kovic
Kovic's art is an art born of protest and participation in the democratic process which is demonstrated in this flag based work of art
Masted Ship on Turbulent Waters by Ron Kovic
After the Vietnam war, Ron Kovic moved to California. He became an artist during his recovery from the physical and psychological wounds he suffered
Artist Ron Kovic with one of his recent drawings
This photo of activist, artist and author Ron Kovic with one of his later drawings shows how engaged he is in the process of making expressionist art
Julia Lepetit by Charlie M from Victoria, BC
A pencil drawing of the Mother of Monsters, is made to look digital by this student from British Columbia
Mickey Moose and the Kingdom of Recorder Mice-Esme
In a tribute to Walt Disney, this student has created her own hero Mickey Moose in a quest to save the Kingdom of Recorder Mice
Nipsey Hussle
Nipsey Hussle was an American rapper who worked to bring peace between longtime feuding gangs and uplift his struggling neighborhood.
The face behind Kaws by Kaysn Hawkes from Idaho
The artist Brian Donnelly is the creator of Kaws - an alter ego who creates contemporary art based on color and shape
Protect the Sacred by Shepard Fairey for Amplifier
Artist Shepard Fairey of Obey Art has created many posters for the Amplifier Foundation as well as being instrumental in initiating the Kickstarter campaign to get the Amplifier Foundation off the ground
Jimmy Kimmel
Jimmy Kimmel, late night talk show host, believes all Americans deserve the affordable healthcare that saved his son.