Peace

Beyond Boko Haram

Directed by: Liz Mermin, Nicky Milne, Claudio Accheri | Documentary | 2018 | | 9:44

Psychologist Dr Fatima Akilu, who trained in Britain's National Health Service, works with both victims and members of the Islamist militant group Boko Haram.

She set up the first de-radicalisation programme in Nigeria, to counter extremist narratives. This film explores her 'counselling on wheels programme', accessing remote communities in Northeast Nigeria who have been victims of Boko Haram, as well as her long term de-radicalisation work with one of Boko Haram's ideological leaders, and young women who joined the group.

For More Information

Thomson Reuters Foundation
<
>

2:15
Francesco [Trailer]
FRANCESCO is the latest film from Oscar and Emmy-nominated Director Evgeny Afineevsky, featuring exclusive interviews with His Holiness Pope Francis, His Holiness Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI, Mark Kennedy Shriver, Sister Norma Pimentel, and Juan Carlos Cruz, among others.
1:46
Voices for Peace
Diverse people from across the globe come together and share a hopeful message that despite our challenges and differences, peace is possible.
1:16
The Peace of Wild Things
When despair for the world grows in me… ...I come into the peace of wild things. ~Wendell Barry
9:26
Shymaa's story from GAZA - "We Are the Ones"
Shymaa's story sparked the 2 Unite All benefit album with 30 world famed musicians ...
Kyle Carpenter
The Valley of Light Project
The inner flame resides in the heart of each individual, that is why we are all interconnected. All individual flames unite as One Universal Flame of Love and Compassion.
10:00
The Curious Scroll: How Does Something Ugly Become Beautiful
Being curious could just be the needed element to bring people together and overcome differences.
6:19
NNSC
Members of NNSC, National Network for Safe Communities, discuss their world-wide programs that work to reduce and prevent violence in communities.
10:13
The Atomic Tree - 原爆の木
The Atomic Tree is a journey into the memories of one of the most revered trees in the world-- a 400-year-old Japanese White Pine bonsai that survived the atomic blast in Hiroshima.
International Day of Peace
Information on ways to contribute to the International Day of Peace Further resources >> https://internationaldayofpeace.org/get-involved/
A Brave and Startling Truth
Maya Angelou reads her poem "A Brave and Startling Truth" which she wrote in commemoration of the UN's 50th Anniversary, in 1995.
To The Boy - for Mattie J.T. Stepanek
Mattie's life philosophy was to play after every storm, so now, when we all feel tossed about but the waves of our world, we must remember to hold onto hope.
Salutation to the Dawn
Pastor Basch, A Personal Hero
9:31
Bullets to Books (Excerpt)
A film exploring The Jüdische Kulturbund Project and the critical importance of peace in South Sudan.
Make a Difference
This song is all about how me and you will come together as one and make a difference that other generations can benefit from.
1:39
My Hero - Walter Sisulu: South African Leader
My film talks about Walter Sisulu and how he was connected to my subject matter in my book.
Power of Compassion & Importance of the Work of CCARE
Dr. James Doty, speaks on the power of compassion and importance of the work of CCARE
7:49
Amai & Sadako's Prayer
Amai the bird of light takes her friends on an exciting adventure where they learn about Hope, forgiveness and peace.
2:52
How an Unexpected Kindness can Change a Life
Professor of Neurosurgery, James Doty, M.D., tells a touching story of how one interaction can alter the course of a person’s life.