Narrative

Buddy

Directed by: Yeonwoo Kim - Crean Lutheran High School | Narrative | United States | 10:19

The movie is about the relationship between the main character John, and his parrot Buddy.

Buddy is John’s pet parrot. Every morning, when John’s mom opens the cage door, Buddy wakes up and helps wake John for school. This is a part of the routine that Buddy loves. John always makes sure Buddy doesn’t enter the bathroom, as it is a strict household rule. After John leaves for school, the house becomes quiet, and Buddy spends his time in John’s room. 

However, there is a secret in this house. Buddy has a few rooms in this house that he does not have access to. John’s mother told Buddy that there are monsters in those rooms, so Buddy shouldn't go in. 

Check out this movie and discover the secret!

One day, John comes home upset, and Buddy, concerned, accidentally enters the forbidden bathroom to check on him. There, Buddy sees a mirror and realizes that he is not a real bird but a robot. Shocked, Buddy tries to fly away but crashes into something and breaks down. 

John repairs Buddy, bringing him back to life, and explains that he created Buddy, the robot bird, to cope with the loss of his pet parrot, who was also named Buddy. Although Buddy is confused, he eventually accepts John’s apology, and John decides to accept the robotic Buddy for who he is, rather than as a replacement for the real bird.