Press_Release

CALL FOR ENTRIES – IMMERSIVE TECHNOLOGY AWARD - THE MY HERO INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL 2023

by MY HERO Media from LAGUNA BEACH, CA

CONTACT: JEANNE MEYERS                                                     FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Co-founder/Director
The MY HERO Project
[email protected]
949-376-5964

152517MY HERO Immersive Storytelling AwardMY HERO

CALL FOR ENTRIES – IMMERSIVE TECHNOLOGY FOR GOOD - THE MY HERO INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL 2023 

AUGUST 30, 2023 – LAGUNA BEACH, CATHE MY HERO International Film Festival is looking for short films that show the potential of virtual and augmented reality to create positive change in the world. Students and professionals whose work lends itself to a theme of heroes or heroism are encouraged to submit their films for MY HERO’s Immersive Storytelling Award.

The Immersive Storytelling Award showcases innovative immersive content that promotes creativity, engagement, activism and social good. The submissions deadline is October 1st.  (myhero.com/submit) The award offers an opportunity for creators of VR, AR, 360 Video and other emerging technologies to share their work with our global audience. Learn more.

Watch this short video for more details.

The MY HERO International Film Festival brings together professional and student filmmakers whose projects honor local and global heroes working for positive change in the world.  Thanks to generous sponsors, prizes are awarded to elementary, middle school, high school, college and professionals in a variety of categories including documentary, narrative, music video, animation, experimental, and more. For more details, please visit myhero.com/FilmFestival

View last year's Immersive Storytelling Award Winners

Immersive Storytelling Award Winner | A New Vision (Fulldome Version) directed by: Michael Strauss

Immersive Storytelling AR Award Winner | Breonna's Garden directed by: Sutu and Lady Pheonix

Immersive Storytelling Award 360 Winner - Cosmonaute 360 Mission: RESCUE directed by: Jesús Pérez Irigoyen

Immersive Storytelling Interactive Award Winner | Brainstream directed by: Caroline Roberts

View past winners from all catagories

The MY HERO International Film Festival is part of The MY HERO Project, a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to sharing stories, art, music and short films about everyday heroes throughout the world. Since 1995, MY HERO has hosted the world's largest archive of hero stories, and MY HERO resources are used in classrooms and after school programs in 197 countries. Learn more at myhero.com