Press_Release

CALL FOR ENTRIES – SYLVIA EARLE OCEAN CONSERVATION AWARD

by MY HERO Media from LAGUNA BEACH, CALIFORNIA

155154Sylvia Earle Ocean Conservation AwardMY HERO 

CONTACT: JEANNE MEYERS                                                                        FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Co-founder/Director
The MY HERO Project
[email protected]
949-376-5964

MARCH 20,2024 – LAGUNA BEACH, CA – THE MY HERO International Film Festival is looking for short films highlighting ocean conservation heroes from around the world. The final deadline to submit is May 1st. Winners will be announced on World Oceans Day - June 8th, 2024.

The Award is named in honor of Sylvia Earle, A world-renowned oceanographer and explorer, author, lecturer, explorer, leader, and research scientist. This award comes with up to $2000 Cash Prizes from MacGillivray Freeman Films Educational Foundation's One World One Ocean Campaign. 

“Sylvia Earle is our ocean hero, and we hope this award inspires aspiring filmmakers to shine a spotlight on other dedicated people from all walks of life who are working tirelessly on behalf of our oceans.“  ~Academy Award-nominated filmmaker Greg MacGillivray 

Watch this short video for more information.

The MY HERO International Film Festival brings together professional and student filmmakers whose projects honor local and global heroes working for positive change in the world.  Thanks to generous sponsors, prizes are awarded to elementary, middle school, high school, college and professionals in a variety of categories including documentary, narrative, music video, animation, experimental, and more. For more details, please visit myhero.com/FilmFestival

View last year's Sylvia Earle Ocean Conservation Award Winner

The Art of Discovery by Mónika Naranjo-Shepherd

The MY HERO International Film Festival is part of The MY HERO Project, a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to sharing stories, art, music and short films about everyday heroes throughout the world. Since 1995, MY HERO has hosted the world's largest archive of hero stories, and MY HERO resources are used in classrooms and after school programs in 197 countries. Learn more at myhero.com.