Press_Release

CALL FOR ENTRIES: MATTIE J.T. STEPANEK POETRY PRIZE 2020

by MY HERO Media from LAGUNA BEACH, CA

139494Mattie J.T. Stepanek Poetry ContestMY HERO 

CONTACT: JEANNE MEYERS                                                      FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Co-founder/Director
The MY HERO Project
[email protected]
949-376-5964

MARCH 10, 2020 - LAGUNA BEACH, CA - CALL FOR ENTRIES: MATTIE J.T. STEPANEK POETRY PRIZE 2020

The MY HERO Project and the Mattie J.T. Stepanek Foundation are teaming up to honor the young poet who touched the hearts of millions during his brief and spectacular time on earth.

Mattie Stepanek died at age 14 of dysautonomic mitochondrial myopathy, a condition similar to muscular dystrophy, but not before making his mark. As a poet, peace activist and motivational speaker, Stepanek earned a global following. He was friends with Oprah Winfrey and former president Jimmy Carter called him, “the most extraordinary person who I have ever known.” Stepanek encouraged everyone to sing the song in their heart.

“A heartsong doesn’t have to be a song. It can be your message, your feeling—some people might even call it a conscience. Even though that’s not really what it is. It’s what you feel you need to do.” - Mattie J.T. Stepanek

The Mattie J.T. Stepanek Poetry Contest is seeking heartsongs — original poems, as well as film, audio and art submissions that illustrate poems — that feature heroes working for peace, human rights and the environment. The contest is open all and the winning original poem will receive a cash award. Learn more at The MY HERO website

Register for an account with MY HERO to submit poetry, songs, films.

http://myhero.com/START