Narrative

Car Pollution and the Air You Breathe

Directed by: Lukas Mills | Narrative | 2018 | USA | 5:00

Car Pollution and the Air You Breathe started out as a school project for my high school class, Art of Video, but it turned into much more. This PSA has won the High School Category at the CEC Student Film Fest in Burlingame, CA, the Overall Festival Winner at the Clear the Air Film Fest in San Francisco, and Best High School Film at the San Francisco Green Film Festival, an international event held at the Climate Summit.

This film gave me my first experience at a film festival, and for that, I am forever grateful. It also opened my eyes to a lot of the environmental issues our world is facing and I hope I was able to spread my message efficiently and with the creative twist I wanted. Hopefully this film will be able to inform and inspire others as so many of the films at these festivals inspired me. Please enjoy!

<
>

1:55
The Aged
An old man wants to tell a story to every passerby, but nobody is interested. Aditya, a boy learns his story and arranges a celebration and march-past for the old man.
8:16
My Haggan Dream
On the island of Saipan, a young girl's mysterious dream about a haggan, or green sea turtle, leads her to investigate the sea turtles that live around her home. Join her adventure to find turtles, which leads to a wonderful birthday wish.
4:38
PASAPALABRA - WHISPERER
Cacophony
Separated from his expatriate family in the hectic Shanghai metro, Perrin, an Autistic teenager, undergoes a treacherous journey around the bustling city.
14:46
Present Trauma
'Present Trauma' is a psychological drama about Keith, a Marine veteran struggling to cope with family life after a combat tour overseas.
7 Minutes
The Class of Rowdies
What happens when a young teacher meets a class of rowdies?
The Most Beautiful Thing
A love story between two unlikely people. Also with Cameron Herbst, Madison Kirkpatrick, and Tim Wagner.
3:09
Minimum Max
A brief and powerful first-hand account from high school student, Max, who must navigate through the world of ADD and all the medications that come along with it.
Bombingham
An expressionistic account of a devastating historical event.
3:00
Hello From Malaysia
Aiman has just moved from Malaysia to the U.S. and finds it hard to fit in with the cultural differences.
Run With Me
This young athlete does not let anything limit his efforts to succeed.
11:44
No Child Left Deprived
A young, inner-city public school student named Jaden takes a stand against his principal after the school's art teacher has been fired for choosing to teach art instead of the state-mandated, standardized test.
6:07
Locks
Director Ryan Coogler ("Creed," "Black Panther") won the 2010 Student Narrative Award at the MY HERO International Film Festival for this short "Locks."