LESSON RESOURCE

Resources for Character Education

Teachers: Use MY HERO Multimedia Resources to Explore Character Traits and the Heroes that Demonstrate these Values

CHARACTER Traits
Credit: mh

CHARACTER TRAITS

Character | Compassion

By: MY HERO Staff
COMPASSION is the sympathetic concern for someone else's pain or misfortune, with the desire to help. Learn about compassion through the examples of heroes.

Character Trait | Courage

By: MY HERO Staff
The MY HERO Character Series. Learn more about courage through the examples of heroes.

Character | Forgiveness

By: MY HERO Staff
The ability to release feelings of resentment or revenge towards those who have wronged you. Learn about forgiveness through the examples of heroes.

Character | Kindness

By: MY HERO Staff
The MY HERO Character series. Learn more about kindness through heroes.

Character Trait | Perseverance

By: Staff
Tenacity for a singularly important goal in the face of difficulties, failure or opposition.

Character Trait Social Justice

By: Xenia Shin
Embodying fair and just relations between the individual and society

Character Lesson Plans & Essay - Join our Discussion

Heroic Virtues Forum
Credit: MY HERO Forum
Lesson Plan: How Should We Choose Our Heroes?
Credit: MY HERO Teachers Room

Social Justice

Credit: MY HERO Stories
Credit: MY HERO Films

About Character Day

Credit: MY HERO Films

Students can share their Hero Essays, Films and Art through our Create Program

How to use MY HERO's Create Program to Publish Stories, Art, Film and Audio for Students

Tutorial for students: Publish written stories, film, original artwork and audio in MY HERO's multimedia library.

Create Program

Outstanding essays submitted to MY HERO will be considered for a certificate/t-shirt prize or be featured on the Story Homepage.

Submit your artwork to be entered in the MY HERO art contest or to be exhibited on our Gallery Homepage.

Students can submit their films for free with a waiver to the MY HERO International Film Festival.

For Additional Resources and Lesson Plans, Go to the MY HERO Lesson Plan Center

Lesson Plan Center

Learn about a New Hero Every Day of the Year: Use the MY HERO Calendar in the Classroom

Organizer created on 8/13/2016 12:42:11 PM by Becky Miller

Last edited 4/22/2020 3:35:51 PM by Laura Nietzer