Activist

Creative Visions Foundation

Creative Visions Foundation | Creative Visions | Short | 2017 | USA | 2:42

Creative Visions believes in the power of storytelling to ignite positive social change - and we believe in the power of people to respond. We call this Creative Activism.

Like what you see? Check out even more at: http://www.creativevisions.org

For More Information

Creative Visions Foundation
Story about Creative Visions winning Media Award on MY HERO
<
>

Soundiata Keita
Mohamed Sidibay: Teaching Peace
Mohamed Sidibay is a survivor of a horrific civil war in Sierra Leone, where he was forced to fight as a child soldier. Now he advocates for better access to education worldwide.
Filmmaker Lisa Donato Accepts the Eldon Activist Award and Kovic Peace Prize
Kathy Eldon presents director Lisa Donato with the Dan Eldon Activist Award and the Ron Kovic Peace Prize, on behalf of Ron Kovic, for her film Reclaiming Pakistan at the 2017 MY HERO Film Festival.
1:33
About In Harmony
For some LA kids, music is not just a form of art, it’s the key to overcoming the odds.
2:42
Creative Visions Foundation
Creative Visions believes in the power of storytelling to ignite positive social change
Slater Meets her Hero: Jean-Michel Cousteau
Slater visits Catalina Island to learn from her environmental hero Jean-Michel Cousteau.
8:26
Reclaiming Pakistan
A civil rights activist, Mohammad Jibran Nasir, sparks a social revolution after almost 140 children were killed in the Peshawar Army School tragedy.
10:00
Out of the Blue
A child in Mexico inherits an unexpected future after his family of fishermen, facing ever shrinking catches, make a bold decision to change their fate.
We Are Human
A first-person 360 experience. You, the viewer, will view what it's like to stereotype one another first-hand:
6:30
The People United
A first-person 360 experience. You, the viewer, will attend a "No Ban-No Wall" rally in San Francisco first-hand.
9:52
Marian Wright Edelman and the Children's Defense Fund: A Fight for Children's Advocacy
This documentary tells the story of the Children's Defense Fund and its involvement in legislative efforts toward a better future for America's kids.
4:15
Troubled Water Pitch
The 30-minute documentary "Troubled Water" tells the story of one farmer and his community's fight for clean water in El Salvador against the environmental crisis caused by a mining corporation.
Between Us
Israelis and Palestinians meet over their shared grief and discover that the only way to move forward together is through dialogue.
13:28
Inez Milholland ~ Forward into Light
This short documentary is a window into the Women's Suffrage Movement through the sacrifice of an American Amazon who will inspire today’s woman as much as she did 100 years ago.
The Petition
The proposed removal of the Robert E. Lee statue at Lee Park in Charlottesville Virginia has been a contentious issue among the residents of the town. Two Light House students sought to examine the issues at hand through documentary filmmaking.
6:25
Women on the Move
In Women on the Move, experience in virtual reality the intimacy of rural Niger with Fatchima and her granddaughter, Nana.
From Mt. Tamalpais to Fruitvale Station
"Either there's hope, or I am merely dreaming... "A diverse community unites in arts and activism to address the epidemic of police killings of people of color in this dynamic hip hop music video.
2:16
HIAS - For the Refugee
This film was produced for World Refugee Day, to publicise and spread awareness on HIAS' mission and values for the last 130 years.
2:06
The hydrologic corridor
An explanation of our system approach: the hydrologic corridor.
8:14
Mission Kidz4Life!
Can kids band together to change the world? This movie uses the empathic power of art and creative writing to urge kids to become the heroes and heroines of their dreams. We're looking for you!