Documentary

Save Tomorrow

Produced by: Dir. Lynne Cherry | Documentary |

password: youngclimate; Save Tomorrow is the 10th Young Voices for the Planet film. It documents three 9-year-old girls who are concerned about climate change and feel that the adults have let them down. But after seeing the kids in the other Young Voices for the Planet films (their peers who they can identify with) they come to believe that maybe they can make a difference, too. They testify at their town meeting and help overturn a regulation prohibiting solar panels on town buildings. Subsequently, Lexington, Massachusetts installs solar panels on all the town buildings. For these girls, this is only the beginning. As one of the Save Tomorrow team, Mari McBride, says, “find your team! Find your passion! Find your power!”

<
>

7:20
Made in Madras
Made in Madras is the story of an 18-year-old soccer player, Sangeetha, who lives on the streets of Madras (aka Chennai).
5:25
Never Too Old
"Karthyayani Amma of Cheppad village took up pen for the first time when she was 94 in 2017.
7:08
Protecting Blue Whales and Blue Skies
A collaboration of government agencies, non-profits, and private industry come together to solve the problem of commercial ships causing increased air pollution and whale strikes in the Santa Barbara Channel.
7:53
The Toothmans
Deb and Jim Toothman and their transgender daughter Cooper Toothman, talk about their struggles with acceptance both within their family and in the community.
13:46
A Moment of Compassion
On the border of Mexico and the USA, Tijuana Native , Dr. Patricia Gonzalez-Zuniga and her team of American and Mexican interns and residents provide care and compassion for anyone in need with their street clinic THE WOUND CLINIC.
3:07
Zuzana: Music is Life (Trailer)
An uplifting and inspiring musical story of love, tyranny and triumph.
1 minute
The Big Picture: Rethinking Dyslexia [Trailer]
The myths, the stigmas, the truths, of dyslexia revealed.
7:15
Protecting the Amazon by Advancing Indigenous Rights
Since 1996, Amazon Watch has protected the rainforest and advanced the rights of indigenous peoples in the Amazon Basin. We partner with indigenous and environmental organizations in campaigns for human rights, corporate accountability, and the preservation of the Amazon's ecological systems.
5:40
Louis’ story: child soldier to role model
This film by the Thomson Reuters Foundation tells the story of Louis Lakor, a former child soldier with the Lord's Resistance Army (LRA) rebel group in northern Uganda.
9:44
Beyond Boko Haram
Psychologist Dr Fatima Akilu, who trained in Britain's National Health Service, works with both victims and members of the Islamist militant group Boko Haram.
The Community They Fight For
Latino community activist Mark Lopez pushed government officials to provide comprehensive lead testing and cleanup of East Los Angeles homes contaminated by a battery smelter that had been operating for over three decades.
9:54
No exit: Jordan’s most vulnerable refugees -
Jayne Fleming is the leader of the Reed Smith Refugee Protection Project, a mobile legal clinic offering legal and psychosocial support to some of Jordan’s most vulnerable refugees – mostly from Syria, Iraq, or Sudan. Their goal is to resettle their clients to third countries where they can start their lives anew. Thomson Reuters Foundation brings this important story to us with this video.
10:04
Eva Haller: A Work in Progress
A life dedicated to philanthropy, activism and mentorship, Eva Haller makes a positive impact around the world.
9:00
WOJ!
Esther Wojcicki shares her vision for a Moonshot Movement in Education.
6:26
Mutual Rescue: Eric & Peety
Eric weighed 340 pounds and was diagnosed with high cholesterol, high blood pressure, and Type II Diabetes. His doctor told him he had 5 years to live. Then he met Peety...
Mother of All Rivers
Berta Cáceres rallied her indigenous Lenca people to wage a grassroots protest that successfully pressured the government of Honduras and the world's largest dam builder to withdraw from building the Agua Zarca Dam.
86,402 Seconds in Mexico
One day to educate a community in Mexico. Every second counts.
Better than Baghdad
A Palestinian teenage refugee named Majed recalls the day that a terrible yet inspiring event occurred in the refugee camp in the Iraqi desert where he lived with his family for five years.
A Marriage to Remember
In this documentary short filmmaker Banker White explores how Alzheimer's disease has revealed the strength of his parents' marriage.
7:17
Blocus 138
This documentary shows the events of March 9th, 2012, during the road block of the 138, and describes, with exactitude, the action and emotion of the moment.