Student

My Hero - Call to Action

Dir. Aytan Bashirova and ELC students | Narrative | 2016 | Azerbaijan | 3:20

ElC students and their stories

<
>

Morgan Freeman
My hero: Lady Gaga, parents and best friends
Tapestries
Maria the Ballerina
Lincoln
Archies Ice Cream
Dieu Merci: The Story of Michele Rodri
Password: rcp This story of Michele Rodri was created with youth and Holocaust Survivors through the Righteous Conversations Project. Learn about this amazing holocaust survivor and her journey.
9:52
Marian Wright Edelman and the Children's Defense Fund: A Fight for Children's Advocacy
This documentary tells the story of the Children's Defense Fund and its involvement in legislative efforts toward a better future for America's kids.
Seen Not Heard
How do we create a more just society where women and girls are seen and heard?
Baltimore Speaks
This project explores a variety of voices in Baltimore around healthcare needs for residents of the city.
Dad
A Mexican widower and son's relationship is put to the test when the son discovers his dad's most intimately kept secret.
8:46
Cycle of Change
Moved by the lack of opportunity for women and youth in her community in El Salvador, Reina Molino ventures to Guatemala to study bici-maquinas—bicycle pedal-power technology.
3:27
Alone?
Dance and narrative sequences are woven together to address a serious issue affecting young people.
8:00
Dear John
A child who was diagnosed with hearing loss and an attending speech impairment writes a letter to his elder brother a couple of years after his miraculous recovery. He shares his experiences; many of which were once shut within his unpleasant solitude.
10:49
Emma Cushman: A Light in the Darkness
Unsung hero Emma Darling Cushman, an American nurse who saved the lives of thousands of Armenian children during the Armenian genocide.
8:14
Mission Kidz4Life!
Can kids band together to change the world? This movie uses the empathic power of art and creative writing to urge kids to become the heroes and heroines of their dreams. We're looking for you!
9:45
After Freddie Gray: What Now?
In spring 2016, high school students at Wide Angle Youth Media decided to explore how the Baltimore Uprising in response to Freddie Gray's death has impacted different youth-serving organizations. Hear from different voices about what is being done in Baltimore in the aftermath to shape supports for youth in the city.
4:06
In a Heartbeat
A closeted boy runs the risk of being outed by his own heart after it pops out of his chest to chase down the boy of his dreams.
4:32
Growing a Healthy Community
A documentary about Growing for CHANGE made by students in the Westhaven Community.
Open the Door
This PSA was produced by the Righteous Conversations Project.