Ocean

Plastic Bottle Village

Produced by: Dir. David Freid | 2016 | USA | 6:37

One man's trash is another man's condo. After collecting more than a million plastic bottles, Robert Bezeau made an unconventional decision — to build an entire village out of plastic bottles. One study has found that there could be more plastic than fish in the sea by 2050, so essentially anything else is preferable, no matter how out of the ordinary. For this one we traveled to the island of Bocas Del Toro in Panama to meet the young couple about to move into their first plastic bottle home.

<
>

4:16
freeFLY
A collaboration between Oceans Unmanned and DJI utilizing drones to help entangled humpback whales.
6:31
Looking After Our Environment: James Price Point
Mark Jones speaks out against a gas development complex that spells doomsday for some species living around James Price Point.
5:39
Defending The Deep
A tireless defender of the oceans and marine life, Claire Nouvian was the 2018 European recipient of the prestigious Goldman Environmental Prize.
6:06
Blue Ventures
In 2004, realizing that conversation had to go beyond counting species, marine biologist Alasdair Harris encouraged a coastal Madagascar community to close off a small section of their octopus-fishing area for a few months, to see if this would boost productivity.
7:08
Protecting Blue Whales and Blue Skies
A collaboration of government agencies, non-profits, and private industry come together to solve the problem of commercial ships causing increased air pollution and whale strikes in the Santa Barbara Channel.
13:06
Gwala Rising in the Bwanabwana Islands
Gwala Rising in the Bwanabwana Islands depicts the revitalization of traditional conservation practices in the islands of Papua New Guinea.
4 min
Bazaruto Ocean Guardians
Meet the Ocean Guardians of Bazaruto Mozambique, who work tirelessly to teach local communities about the importance of conservation.
8:58
Invisible Ocean: Plankton & Plastic
INVISIBLE OCEAN: PLANKTON AND PLASTIC is a documentary that follows NYC Environmental Artist Mara G. Haseltine as she create a sculpture to reveal a microscopic threat beneath the surface of the ocean.
8:58
Invisible Ocean: Plankton & Plastic
This doc follows NYC sci-artist Mara G. Haseltine as she creates a sculpture to reveal a microscopic threat beneath the surface of the ocean.
3:06
With Change Comes Opportunity
Rob Pennicott was disappointed the day his local fishing spot was turned into a marine park. Today, Rob says his fishing tourism business, Pennicott Wilderness Journeys, is reliant not just on good fisheries management, but on the longevity of marine park areas in Tasmania.
4:28
OCEAN DEFENDERS ALLIANCE / Isla Coronado Ghost Net - Excerpt
Removing a ghost net from the sea.
Mr. Whale
Karim Sall, from Senegal, is nicknamed, Mr. Whale for his devotion to protecting sea life, and for his activism for ocean conservation in Senegal.