The Present

Dir. Anna Matacz | Short | 2016 | Germany | 4:18

Jake spends most of his time playing videogames indoors until his mum decides to give him a present.

<
>

Yellow
A barber from Quebec giving haircuts to itinerants every Tuesday on her day off brings us to meet multiple homeless people, all with different and original personalities.
10:19
Then I Came By Boat
In the early 1980s, Australia welcomed refugee Tri Nguyen after a dramatic escape from Vietnam. Today, we would lock him up.
Dad
A Mexican widower and son's relationship is put to the test when the son discovers his dad's most intimately kept secret.
G.I. José
WARNING - This film is recommended for mature audiences - viewer discretion advised. A Mexican-American U.S. Army soldier comes back home and has a dilemma.
10:30
An Education
A look at what it is like to be a person of color at a primarily white institution in the south.
8:46
Cycle of Change
Moved by the lack of opportunity for women and youth in her community in El Salvador, Reina Molino ventures to Guatemala to study bici-maquinas—bicycle pedal-power technology.
2:10
Empower Us All
One of the women in the group takes a stand to guard another from the harsh conditions she faces as a woman in society, as the others who had previously passed her slowly realize their mistakes and step forward to empower each other to fight the oppression they face in the world together.
1:30
Vote With Your Wallet
At the store, all the items the woman has bought are scanned, and on the screen there appears a number. A big one. Careless about how much they cost, the woman took out a pile of bank notes and handed them to the cashier. Then the unjust truth appears as the young girl, who on the other side, gets her salary.
5:03
The Dream
A young man with big dreams, meets with his school counselor as he struggles to live in a world of violence and riots.
4:20
I am a #youngworker
I am a #youngworker combines worker experience and research data into a powerful and artistic animated story.
11:05
Solace
A college dropout forms an unlikely bond with a homeless man after an encounter with violence
4:06
In a Heartbeat
A closeted boy runs the risk of being outed by his own heart after it pops out of his chest to chase down the boy of his dreams.
Selfie Cat
Victoria, a 14 year old girl, tries desperately to take a selfie with her obese cat, Cupcake, in the hopes of winning a contest. The problem is, Cupcake urgently needs to get to his litter box.
9:17
Un homme ordinaire (An ordinary man)
9:56
Kipawa
Isiaka is a talented young man with a passion for music, film, and computers. After the death of his best friend and mentor, Isiaka loses his source of inspiration.
10:00
Every Drop Counts
Cada Gota Cuenta gives a dynamic insight to just how detrimental the contaminated water in Guatemala can be on its population and especially the health and wellbeing of its aspiring students.
8:46
revoLuZion
Every morning 12-­year-­old Luis Miguel wakes up at 6 am to work in the coffee field alongside his brother, father, and the other kids in his village in Guatemala. At 11 a.m., he returns home, changes clothes, grabs his notebooks, and begins the three­-hour walk to Los Patojos, the nearest school with a 7th a grade. However, he journeys for more than just an education.
10:05
Valentia
TIA is an organization that works to empower those that are transitioning from state care to the outside world in order for them to successfully integrate and become contributing members of society.
10:04
Pedal It Forward
In Bolivia, 64% of the population live below the poverty line. Pedal it Forward spotlights communitarian Freddy Candia, a man passionately determined to break down the cycle of poverty, pollution and inequalities through repurposed, pedal powered bicimaquinas. In the sphere of renewable energy Freddy Candia is the absolute changemaker.
6:21
Solace in Amal
“Solace in Amal” tells the story of Elhassania, a young woman who hopes to someday open her own business to support her family.