Environmental

Yacouba - The Village Fool

Produced by: David Puls | Music Video | 2016 | USA | 3:45

This is environmental song about how important it is to sometimes look at things differently to find new solutions. Yacouba Sawadogo did just that and he helped to hold back the desert from taking his farm and those of his neighbors.

<
>

Street Transformers
Save The Rain Forests
Endangered Animals
Animals
Save the Rainforests
save the rainforest
5:39
Defending The Deep
A tireless defender of the oceans and marine life, Claire Nouvian led a focused, data-driven advocacy campaign against the destructive fishing practice of deep-sea bottom trawling, successfully pressuring French supermarket giant and fleet owner Intermarché to change its fishing practices. Her coalition of advocates ultimately secured French support for a ban on deep-sea bottom trawling that led to an EU-wide ban.
6:06
Blue Ventures
In 2004, realizing that conversation had to go beyond counting species, marine biologist Alasdair Harris encouraged a coastal Madagascar community to close off a small section of their octopus-fishing area for a few months, to see if this would boost productivity.
7:08
Protecting Blue Whales and Blue Skies
A collaboration of government agencies, non-profits, and private industry come together to solve the problem of commercial ships causing increased air pollution and whale strikes in the Santa Barbara Channel.
paper video
The Ocean That We Want To Know
7:19
Tani
A look at how permaculture and marketing can improve the lives of local farmers in Bali.
2:02
Former Gang Members going Green
This former gang member just needed a second chance to turn his life around. He found it in the solar industry, thanks to Homeboy Industries.
8:53
Suryabata Pani
This is the story of Indra Sapkota, an underserved farmer in Nepal struggling to find sustainable and reliable water sources to irrigate his land.
3:13
Last Stand - The Vanishing Caribou Rainforest (Trailer)
The forthcoming documentary “Last Stand” puts the Caribou Rainforest on the map before it’s too late.
7:15
Protecting the Amazon by Advancing Indigenous Rights
Since 1996, Amazon Watch has protected the rainforest and advanced the rights of indigenous peoples in the Amazon Basin. We partner with indigenous and environmental organizations in campaigns for human rights, corporate accountability, and the preservation of the Amazon's ecological systems.
4:24
Looking After Our Country
One man shares the wisdom of the world's oldest culture to save a pristine wilderness.
4:28
The Last Straw
Nine-year-old Milo Cress is concerned about the millions of straws that pollute waterways, waste fossil-fuel resource and harm ocean creatures. With the help of some friends, he convinces restaurants to “go straw-free”. Milo then takes the fight all the way to Capitol Hill.
3:17
Thank You For the Rain (Trailer)
Five years ago Kisilu, a Kenyan farmer, started to use his camera to capture the life of his family, his village and the damages of climate change.
5:48
POKO
Poko lives in Farfar community in Nothern Ghana. A community heavily affected by climate change. Extreme droughts and bushfires has in recent years risen and destroyed large areas of rural land and the traditional ways of farming is threatened. But with the help of CARE's Adaptation Learning Program (ALP) the community is learning of new ways to farm and adapt to the threat of climate change.