86,402 seconds in Haiti | IMPACT

Produced by: Produced by Mallory Brown & CrowdRise / Directed by: Mallory Brown, Ryan Doyle | Documentary | 2015 | USA

One day to help a family in Haiti. Every seconds counts.

<
>

The Brainwashing of My Dad [excerpt]
Once upon a time my dad was a happy go lucky, fun, non-political Kennedy Democrat... then he discovered Fox News...
2:33
Pam Estes - Community Hero
Pam Estes has been serving the community of Laguna Beach for decades as Director of the Boys and Girls Club of Laguna Beach.
6:36
Conversations With My Mother
I try to capture the simplicity of her life and the warmth that she provides to her family.
1:37
Laguna Beach Police Anti-Bullying Campaign Featuring Tony Hawk
Laguna Beach PD's Anti-Bullying Campaign featuring Tony Hawk and Captain Jeff Calvert.
4:53
Laguna Beach Community Clinic | Then & Now
Laguna Beach Community Clinic provides excellent medical care regardless of the patient’s ability to pay.
Ryan Coogler - Filmmaker Hero
As a student filmmaker at USC, Coogler showed great potential with his short films. In 2010 he was awarded with best college narrative in the MY HERO International Film Festival with his short film "Locks".
Supercharging the Classroom: Using Technology to Support Personalized Learning
Sal Khan founded a school on the same principles of personalization that drove the success of his YouTube tutorials.
Who We Are
For Puerto Rico
2:16
HIAS - For the Refugee
This film was produced for World Refugee Day, to publicise and spread awareness on HIAS' mission and values for the last 130 years.
Girls Like Us
Apps & Girls, an organization that teaches young girls how to code their own websites, and Carolyne Ekyarisiima, the founder of Apps & Girls, became a mentor.
9:00
WOJ!
Esther Wojcicki shares her vision for a Moonshot Movement in Education.
5:09
Upstanders: The Mosque Across the Street
What happens when a mosque moves across the street from a church in the Bible Belt?
6:06
FIELDWORKS: Jody Wood, Beauty in Transition
2014 ABOG Fellow Jody Wood brings her mobile beauty salon to nine homeless shelters over three months in New York City.
6:26
Mutual Rescue: Eric & Peety
Eric weighed 340 pounds and was diagnosed with high cholesterol, high blood pressure, and Type II Diabetes. His doctor told him he had 5 years to live. Then he met Peety...
9:36
Notes on a Violin
NOTES on a VIOLIN is a short documentary film which follows a violin teacher who wants to promote beauty in an otherwise dissonant world. With his unusual methods of recruitment as well as teaching, Darren Briggs' contagious passion attracts students and the curious. This quirky, slice of life story invites us to rethink our ability to live harmoniously among discordancy.
Teen Press - Featuring John Seigel Boettner
&ldquo;Teen Press&rdquo; is a short documentary about one semester of the Santa Barbara Middle School Teen Press program.
Project Syria: An immersive Journalism Experience
Nearly one half of Syria&rsquo;s 23 million people have been displaced in its civil war and no group has been as severely affected as children. Children make up more than half of the three million refugees living in camps or makeshift housing and some news reports indicate that children are actually being specifically targeted in the violence.
Young Storytellers -
Our mission is simple: we inspire young people to discover the power of their voice. Using one-on-one mentorship, low-income students learn how to write original stories and see them brought to life on stage and film. As a result, young people learn that their voice matters.
5:24
The Future of Our Species
This fall marks the release of 'Leonardo's Brain,' the book that Director Tiffany Shlain's father and best-selling author, Leonard Shlain, finished days before he passed away. Tiffany builds off her father's ideas to explore the future of our species.
The Power of Empathy
The audio of this RSA short is of Dr Bren&eacute; Brown who spoke at the RSA on The Power of Vulnerability