Ocean

Bazaruto Ocean Guardians

Produced by: Finn White-Thomson | 2017 | Mozambique

Meet the Ocean Guardians of Bazaruto Mozambique, who work tirelessly to teach local communities about the importance of conservation, and also how to swim to avoid the dangers of the sea surrounding their beautiful island.

For More Information

Marina Megafauna Foundation
<
>

5:01
Coral Reefs - Live Below The Surface
Join us on a journey through the Coral Triangle and its magnificent coral reefs. PASSWORD: fourkings
360 Coral Reefs - Live below the surface
Join us on a journey through the Coral Triangle and its magnificent coral reefs. These underwater gardens have the largest biodiversity of life on Earth and can only be compared to tropical rainforests.
Fragile - Why Turtle Hatchlings need the Sea
The life cycle of a marine turtle is complex. Nowadays, they are facing challenging changes to their habitats and encounter all kinds new dangers imposed upon them by modern humans. All sea turtle species are threatened with extinction. To help save sea turtles, marine conservation facilities around the world hatch sea turtle eggs and keep the hatchlings in tanks until they have grown stronger and more fit for a survival in the wild.
5:39
Defending The Deep
A tireless defender of the oceans and marine life, Claire Nouvian led a focused, data-driven advocacy campaign against the destructive fishing practice of deep-sea bottom trawling, successfully pressuring French supermarket giant and fleet owner Intermarché to change its fishing practices. Her coalition of advocates ultimately secured French support for a ban on deep-sea bottom trawling that led to an EU-wide ban.
6:06
Blue Ventures
In 2004, realizing that conversation had to go beyond counting species, marine biologist Alasdair Harris encouraged a coastal Madagascar community to close off a small section of their octopus-fishing area for a few months, to see if this would boost productivity.
7:08
Protecting Blue Whales and Blue Skies
A collaboration of government agencies, non-profits, and private industry come together to solve the problem of commercial ships causing increased air pollution and whale strikes in the Santa Barbara Channel.
2:50
Changing Oceans
This short inspirational film produced by Nomads Expeditions, depicts the overwhelming beauty and diversity that can be found in the ocean and asks the viewer to contemplate it's loss.
The Kelp Lady 2018
Her work inspired the nickname The Kelp Lady. But her conservation goals extend to many more inhabitants of the sea. Nancy Caruso is a hero who tirelessly worked to regrow the kelp forest in Orange County. As the founder of Get Inspired! Inc., she brings the community together with her dedication to the florae and faunae of the sea. She and her band of volunteers regrew the kelp, also known as the rainforest of the sea--because of how many species rely on them for survival, including us! Nancy's current endeavor is the Green Abalone Restoration Project to restore the dwindling species.
The Map to Paradise Trailer
Journey through time into the new era of ocean conservation, and discover how the history of marine parks has been shaped by a global movement where nations are redrawing the lines on our world’s big blue map.
6:33
Below the Surface
Inside the minds of the people of the sea. Stories of how the ocean shapes character, friends, and moments.
Plasticized [Trailer]
PLASTICIZED is an intimate account of a budding filmmaker's journey aboard the Sea Dragon with the 5 Gyres Institute
A Plastic Ocean [Trailer]
A Plastic Ocean is an adventure documentary shot on more than 20 locations over the past 4 years. Explorers
13:06
Gwala Rising in the Bwanabwana Islands
Gwala Rising in the Bwanabwana Islands depicts the revitalization of traditional conservation practices in the islands of Papua New Guinea.
Antarctic Waters
The waters of Antarctica are some of the most pristine wilderness on earth.
4 min
Bazaruto Ocean Guardians
Meet the Ocean Guardians of Bazaruto Mozambique, who work tirelessly to teach local communities about the importance of conservation.
7:31
Orange Slices TV Show Features Ocean Defenders Alliance
Ocean Defenders Alliance(ODA) is based in southern California, and has been removing "ghost gear" from our coastal waters for over 15 years.
6:37
Plastic Bottle Village
One man's trash is another man's condo.
Guarding the Past for the Future - A Wreck Hunters Evolution
A wreck hunter undergoes an evolution from trophy hunter to conservationist. Feat. Steve Kroll
6:18
One Voice
10:00
Swim for the Reef
A Texas grandfather's extraordinary quest to protect the coral reefs and his challenge to humanity to take care of the things we love.