Ocean

Bazaruto Ocean Guardians

Produced by: Finn White-Thomson | 2017 | Mozambique

Meet the Ocean Guardians of Bazaruto Mozambique, who work tirelessly to teach local communities about the importance of conservation, and also how to swim to avoid the dangers of the sea surrounding their beautiful island.

For More Information

Marina Megafauna Foundation
<
>

2:50
Changing Oceans
This short inspirational film produced by Nomads Expeditions, depicts the overwhelming beauty and diversity that can be found in the ocean and asks the viewer to contemplate it's loss.
The Kelp Lady 2018
Her work inspired the nickname The Kelp Lady. But her conservation goals extend to many more inhabitants of the sea. Nancy Caruso is a hero who tirelessly worked to regrow the kelp forest in Orange County. As the founder of Get Inspired! Inc., she brings the community together with her dedication to the florae and faunae of the sea. She and her band of volunteers regrew the kelp, also known as the rainforest of the sea--because of how many species rely on them for survival, including us! Nancy's current endeavor is the Green Abalone Restoration Project to restore the dwindling species.
The Map to Paradise Trailer
Journey through time into the new era of ocean conservation, and discover how the history of marine parks has been shaped by a global movement where nations are redrawing the lines on our world’s big blue map.
6:33
Below the Surface
Inside the minds of the people of the sea. Stories of how the ocean shapes character, friends, and moments.
Plasticized [Trailer]
PLASTICIZED is an intimate account of a budding filmmaker's journey aboard the Sea Dragon with the 5 Gyres Institute
A Plastic Ocean [Trailer]
A Plastic Ocean is an adventure documentary shot on more than 20 locations over the past 4 years. Explorers
13:06
Gwala Rising in the Bwanabwana Islands
Gwala Rising in the Bwanabwana Islands depicts the revitalization of traditional conservation practices in the islands of Papua New Guinea.
Antarctic Waters
The waters of Antarctica are some of the most pristine wilderness on earth.
4 min
Bazaruto Ocean Guardians
Meet the Ocean Guardians of Bazaruto Mozambique, who work tirelessly to teach local communities about the importance of conservation.
7:31
Orange Slices TV Show Features Ocean Defenders Alliance
Ocean Defenders Alliance(ODA) is based in southern California, and has been removing "ghost gear" from our coastal waters for over 15 years.
6:37
Plastic Bottle Village
One man's trash is another man's condo.
Guarding the Past for the Future - A Wreck Hunters Evolution
A wreck hunter undergoes an evolution from trophy hunter to conservationist. Feat. Steve Kroll
6:18
One Voice
10:00
Swim for the Reef
A Texas grandfather's extraordinary quest to protect the coral reefs and his challenge to humanity to take care of the things we love.
8:58
Invisible Ocean: Plankton & Plastic
INVISIBLE OCEAN: PLANKTON AND PLASTIC is a documentary that follows NYC Environmental Artist Mara G. Haseltine as she create a sculpture to reveal a microscopic threat beneath the surface of the ocean.
Dolphin Rescue Hawaii
The true story of a wild dolphin in need and the humans who helped it.
Fragile Legacy Trailer
Dive into history to discover a sustainable future.
8:58
Invisible Ocean: Plankton & Plastic
This doc follows NYC sci-artist Mara G. Haseltine as she creates a sculpture to reveal a microscopic threat beneath the surface of the ocean.
5 min
Reflections of an Underwater Cameraman
Appreciating and connecting to the beauty of the sea inspires action.
7:20
Little Ray of Hope
The health of the Ocean is critical to the survival of the human race. The creatures within it are all a part of the fragile web which nature has woven.