Environmental
Peter Stonier
Field Spotlight: Nan Hauser
5:31
Sorry, your browser does not support inline SVG. Sorry, your browser does not support inline SVG.

Field Spotlight: Nan Hauser

Peter Stonier | Short | 2013 | USA | 5:31

Marine Biologist Nan Hauser describes how the Ocean Health Index has been an extremely useful tool in her research.

<
>

Poco a Poco (Little by Little)
Sacred
In light of the recent natural disasters and climate changes, now more than ever must we praise Mother Earth on a deeper level.
10:00
Out of the Blue
A child in Mexico inherits an unexpected future after his family of fishermen, facing ever shrinking catches, make a bold decision to change their fate.
4:15
Troubled Water Pitch
The 30-minute documentary "Troubled Water" tells the story of one farmer and his community's fight for clean water in El Salvador against the environmental crisis caused by a mining corporation.
Between Us
Israelis and Palestinians meet over their shared grief and discover that the only way to move forward together is through dialogue.
4:44
Series of Solutions: Mentors & the Intern
This first episode of our 4-part Series of Solutions highlights the valuable role that nature provides in protecting coastal communities, and follows the story of intern Monica Moritsch as she discovers how her ecology background can directly inform coastal policy.
4:52
On Her Watch
Amidst an onslaught of coal development, octogenarian Wendy Bowman stopped a powerful multinational mining company from taking her family farm and protected her community from further pollution and environmental destruction.
A Volatile Habitat
Putting his life on the line, Rodrique Katembo, a brave park ranger went undercover to document and release information about bribery and corruption in the quest to drill for oil in Virunga National Park (Democratic Republic of Congo), resulting in public outrage that forced the company to withdraw from the project.
The Community They Fight For
Latino community activist Mark Lopez pushed government officials to provide comprehensive lead testing and cleanup of East Los Angeles homes contaminated by a battery smelter that had been operating for over three decades.
Gaining Ground
An indigenous leader in Guatemala, Rodrigo Tot led his community to a landmark court decision that ordered the government to issue land titles to the Q’eqchi people and kept environmentally destructive nickel mining from expanding into his community.
8:46
Cycle of Change
Moved by the lack of opportunity for women and youth in her community in El Salvador, Reina Molino ventures to Guatemala to study bici-maquinas—bicycle pedal-power technology.
11:09
Justdiggit's documentary Rainmakers
This short Justdiggit documentary shows the benefits of a landscape restoration project in progress, digging 72.000 bunds to harvest rainwater and restore the degraded land in Kenya.
2:36
My Beautiful Nicaragua
12-year-old Edelsin Linette Mendez illuminates the consequences of climate change on the coffee market, her community's traditional source of livelihood and Nicaragua's primary agricultural product.
4:51
The Lady and Her Secrets
A film showcasing the beauty and wonder of the marine life in the sea surrounding Lady Elliot Island.
2:06
The hydrologic corridor
An explanation of our system approach: the hydrologic corridor.
8:16
My Haggan Dream
On the island of Saipan, a young girl's mysterious dream about a haggan, or green sea turtle, leads her to investigate the sea turtles that live around her home. Join her adventure to find turtles, which leads to a wonderful birthday wish.
5:53
Taaru Askan
A 5-minute video on the mission and the activities of Taaru Askan Organic Farm in Senegal, West Africa.
FOREST 500
Forest 500 is the world's first ratings agency for rainforests.
9:57
GREEN
A close-up and personal look at the army of street people collecting bag-loads of cans and bottles.
7:43
Davey Rogner - Picking Up Trash Across America
Two students decide to walk across America to pick-up trash and teach about zero waste. Many join in.