Environmental
Produced by: Peter Stonier
Field Spotlight: Nan Hauser
5:31
Sorry, your browser does not support inline SVG. Sorry, your browser does not support inline SVG.

Field Spotlight: Nan Hauser

Produced by: Peter Stonier | Short | 2013 | USA | 5:31

Marine Biologist Nan Hauser describes how the Ocean Health Index has been an extremely useful tool in her research.

<
>

4:24
Looking After Our Country
One man shares the wisdom of the world's oldest culture to save a pristine wilderness.
4:28
The Last Straw
Nine-year-old Milo Cress is concerned about the millions of straws that pollute waterways, waste fossil-fuel resource and harm ocean creatures. With the help of some friends, he convinces restaurants to “go straw-free”. Milo then takes the fight all the way to Capitol Hill.
3:17
Thank You For the Rain Trailer
Five years ago Kisilu, a Kenyan farmer, started to use his camera to capture the life of his family, his village and the damages of climate change. When a violent storm throws him and a Norwegian filmmaker together we see him transform from a father, to community leader to an activist on the global stage.
5:48
POKO
Poko lives in Farfar community in Nothern Ghana. A community heavily affected by climate change. Extreme droughts and bushfires has in recent years risen and destroyed large areas of rural land and the traditional ways of farming is threatened. But with the help of CARE's Adaptation Learning Program (ALP) the community is learning of new ways to farm and adapt to the threat of climate change.
10:55
Illegal Activists - The Battle for Norway's Fjords
Young activists decide to break the law to stop a mining company from dumping waste into a Norwegian fjord.
2:50
Changing Oceans
This short inspirational film produced by Nomads Expeditions, depicts the overwhelming beauty and diversity that can be found in the ocean and asks the viewer to contemplate it's loss.
The Kelp Lady 2018
Her work inspired the nickname The Kelp Lady. But her conservation goals extend to many more inhabitants of the sea. Nancy Caruso is a hero who tirelessly worked to regrow the kelp forest in Orange County. As the founder of Get Inspired! Inc., she brings the community together with her dedication to the florae and faunae of the sea. She and her band of volunteers regrew the kelp, also known as the rainforest of the sea--because of how many species rely on them for survival, including us! Nancy's current endeavor is the Green Abalone Restoration Project to restore the dwindling species.
The man who rode his horse across the harbour bridge
Yacouba - The Village Fool (the man who stopped the desert)
Laguna ECO Heroes - Opening segment
Featuring amazing environmental heroes of Laguna Beach!
Laguna Beach ECO Heroes - Trailer
Celebrating amazing environmental heroes of Laguna Beach!
Slater Meets her Hero: Jean-Michel Cousteau
Slater visits Catalina Island to learn from her environmental hero Jean-Michel Cousteau.
Sacred
In light of the recent natural disasters and climate changes, now more than ever must we praise Mother Earth on a deeper level.
10:00
Out of the Blue
A child in Mexico inherits an unexpected future after his family of fishermen, facing ever shrinking catches, make a bold decision to change their fate.
4:15
Troubled Water Pitch
The 30-minute documentary "Troubled Water" tells the story of one farmer and his community's fight for clean water in El Salvador against the environmental crisis caused by a mining corporation.
Between Us
Israelis and Palestinians meet over their shared grief and discover that the only way to move forward together is through dialogue.
4:44
Series of Solutions: Mentors & the Intern
This first episode of our 4-part Series of Solutions highlights the valuable role that nature provides in protecting coastal communities, and follows the story of intern Monica Moritsch as she discovers how her ecology background can directly inform coastal policy.
4:52
On Her Watch
Amidst an onslaught of coal development, octogenarian Wendy Bowman stopped a powerful multinational mining company from taking her family farm and protected her community from further pollution and environmental destruction.
A Volatile Habitat
Putting his life on the line, Rodrique Katembo, a brave park ranger went undercover to document and release information about bribery and corruption in the quest to drill for oil in Virunga National Park (Democratic Republic of Congo), resulting in public outrage that forced the company to withdraw from the project.
The Community They Fight For
Latino community activist Mark Lopez pushed government officials to provide comprehensive lead testing and cleanup of East Los Angeles homes contaminated by a battery smelter that had been operating for over three decades.