Why Ask Me?

Dir. Hugo Castillo | Experimental | 2016 | USA | 1:57

A spoken word piece about how students often feel confined by the educational system.
<
>

Baltimore Speaks
This project explores a variety of voices in Baltimore around healthcare needs for residents of the city.
Dad
A Mexican widower and son's relationship is put to the test when the son discovers his dad's most intimately kept secret.
8:00
Dear John
A child who was diagnosed with hearing loss and an attending speech impairment writes a letter to his elder brother a couple of years after his miraculous recovery. He shares his experiences; many of which were once shut within his unpleasant solitude.
8:14
Mission Kidz4Life!
Can kids band together to change the world? This movie uses the empathic power of art and creative writing to urge kids to become the heroes and heroines of their dreams. We're looking for you!
9:45
After Freddie Gray: What Now?
In spring 2016, high school students at Wide Angle Youth Media decided to explore how the Baltimore Uprising in response to Freddie Gray's death has impacted different youth-serving organizations. Hear from different voices about what is being done in Baltimore in the aftermath to shape supports for youth in the city.
Hunger is NOT a Game
This original a rap brings light to the poverty and starvation that people (especially children) are experiencing across the globe.
5:18
Us and Us_
A look at dehumanization through the eyes of a black teen and the history of genocides.
12:10
Superheroes of a New Origin
9:59
Reflections
3:49
Fault Lines
4:23
Law & Disorder
4:37
School (Not Our Thing)
1:57
Why Ask Me?
3:20
My Hero - Call to Action
2:30
Wash Your Hands
:30
SARA PSA
This 30 second PSA was created for the Sexual Assault Resource Agency (SARA) in Charlottesville, Virginia through the Commercial Production workshop at Light House Studio, a youth filmmaking center. The film was created by high school students in Charlottesville.
2:45
Stand Up
This song was written by Paul M. Eaton for his students at Girard College Lower School in response to their association with the National Liberty Museum and being exposed to their message of "Live Like A Hero".
9:20
My Own Worst Hero
A young man identifies with the villain after watching a silent film.
My hero - my grandfather
My hero is my grandfather, inventor. I gave some facts from his life and told about his inventions and his contribution to the economy of my province. My short film contains some pictures of my grandfather
My hero - my grandfather
My film is about my grandfather, I gave some information about him and showed pictures where you can see some of his medals, diplomas.