Peace
Directed by: Sara Terry | Produced by: Sara Terry, Libby Hoffman, & Rory Kennedy
FAMBUL TOK (Family Talk) [Trailer]
2:12
Sorry, your browser does not support inline SVG. Sorry, your browser does not support inline SVG.

FAMBUL TOK (Family Talk) [Trailer]

Directed by: Sara Terry | Produced by: Sara Terry, Libby Hoffman, & Rory Kennedy | Excerpt | Sierra Leone | 2:12

Fambul Tok is Krio for Family Talk. Once divided, devastated by an 11-year civil war, the people of Sierra Leone now draw on ancient traditions to address pressing issues and make their communities whole again. The old tradition of bringing victims and offenders together for truth-telling and forgiveness ceremonies is one way that the people of Sierra Leone are trying to heal from the effects of the war. 

For More Information

Fambul Tok Film Page
Sara Terry
<
>

14:19
2020 IFF Ron Kovic Peace Prize
2:17:14
2020 MY HERO International Film Festival Screening and Award Ceremony
The annual MY HERO International Film Festival Screening and Award Ceremony was held on December 12, 2020 via Zoom. Participants from all over the world helped celebrate the best of humanity!
2:15
Francesco [Trailer]
FRANCESCO is the latest film from Oscar and Emmy-nominated Director Evgeny Afineevsky, featuring exclusive interviews with His Holiness Pope Francis, His Holiness Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI, Mark Kennedy Shriver, Sister Norma Pimentel, and Juan Carlos Cruz, among others.
1:46
Voices for Peace
Diverse people from across the globe come together and share a hopeful message that despite our challenges and differences, peace is possible.
1:16
The Peace of Wild Things
When despair for the world grows in me… ...I come into the peace of wild things. ~Wendell Barry
9:26
Shymaa's story from GAZA - "We Are the Ones"
Shymaa's story sparked the 2 Unite All benefit album with 30 world famed musicians ...
Kyle Carpenter
The Valley of Light Project
The inner flame resides in the heart of each individual, that is why we are all interconnected. All individual flames unite as One Universal Flame of Love and Compassion. 2020 song contest winner
10:00
The Curious Scroll: How Does Something Ugly Become Beautiful
Being curious could just be the needed element to bring people together and overcome differences.
6:19
NNSC
Members of NNSC, National Network for Safe Communities, discuss their world-wide programs that work to reduce and prevent violence in communities.
10:13
The Atomic Tree - 原爆の木
The Atomic Tree is a journey into the memories of one of the most revered trees in the world-- a 400-year-old Japanese White Pine bonsai that survived the atomic blast in Hiroshima.
We Must Do Something(Anything) by DJ Trotsky
The news can be depressing and we can feel hopeless.
International Day of Peace
Information on ways to contribute to the International Day of Peace Further resources >> https://internationaldayofpeace.org/get-involved/
A Brave and Startling Truth
Maya Angelou reads her poem "A Brave and Startling Truth" which she wrote in commemoration of the UN's 50th Anniversary, in 1995.
To The Boy - for Mattie J.T. Stepanek
Mattie's life philosophy was to play after every storm, so now, when we all feel tossed about but the waves of our world, we must remember to hold onto hope.
Salutation to the Dawn
Pastor Basch, A Personal Hero
9:31
Bullets to Books (Excerpt)
A film exploring The Jüdische Kulturbund Project and the critical importance of peace in South Sudan.
Make a Difference
This song is all about how me and you will come together as one and make a difference that other generations can benefit from.
1:39
My Hero - Walter Sisulu: South African Leader
My film talks about Walter Sisulu and how he was connected to my subject matter in my book.