Experimental

LAND OF MINE

Roman De Giuli | Experimental | 2017 | Germany | 4:19

“Man must rise above the earth – to the top of the atmosphere and beyond – for only thus will he fully understand the world in which he lives.” (Socrates)

LAND OF MINE is an experimental macro short which is made with acrylic paint and ink on paper. The idea was to recreate the unique look on planet earth from space which sometimes rather appears like an abstract piece of art than a real photo. From far away, the surface of our planet shows the beauty of it’s landscapes, coasts and the sea in perfect order. It’s highly expressive visual aesthetics and it’s contextual narrative inspired me to create an artistic interpretation of what I’ll never see with my own eyes. 
It’s just flowing colors on drawing paper, but it’s there, it’s massive and it’s real: the land of mine. 

<
>

For Your Eyes Only
The impact of one person in your life.
4:19
Noisia - Mantra
Mantra chronicles the dangerous obstacles refugees face on their journeys to reach safer harbors.
9:43
Le Quinze Mai a Paris
password: gomezz23 Barbara De Fina (Martin Scorsese's producer of 40 years) presents shots of Paris on May 15, 2016 with a Parisian narrator telling us the story of May 15, 1848, when protesters finally pushed the establishment to let them have a popular vote to elect their ruler.
film forever
An short experimental film about a young girl that discovers the beauty of filmmaking. This was shot entirely on Kodak Super 8 Vision-3 500T & 50D. This shows the depth of Super 8 film In conjunction with modern filmmaking technique.
Lost
Lost is an ASD Awareness Essay Film centered around my son, Isaac Ortiz.
1:16
The World Is Too Much With Us
Based on the poem by William Wordsworth
2:13
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
Based on the poem by Robert Frost
3:27
Alone?
Dance and narrative sequences are woven together to address a serious issue affecting young people.
5:00
We Are Human
In a world that sees them as lesser, Black women declare their humanity.
3:14
Karim Sulayman - I trust you
Karim Sulayman stands blindfolded on a street. In his hand is a sign that says "I TRUST YOU."
3:39
Tai Chi in the City
In the hustle and bustle of the city, surrounded by steel and concrete, the powerful yet gentle and graceful movements of Tai Chi can be a beautiful way to release stress, and come back to ourselves.
4:19
LAND OF MINE
LAND OF MINE is an experimental macro short which is made with acrylic paint and ink on paper.
1:57
Why Ask Me?
1:53
Lost in Transit
5:55
I Am You
3:45
Black Mamba Anti-Poaching Unit [Introduction]
3:53
To Be a Parent
Memories of Paintings
"Memories of Paintings" is an experimental dreamlike video rocking us smoothly through circular moves. The visual compositions have been created out of paint, oil, Oat milk and soap liquid.
DEAR AMERICA - student honoree
An exploration of what it means to be a Black American.
Balud
This short experimental film is a response to Typhoon Yolanda (International name: Haiyan), which swallowed my hometown Tacloban city last November, 2013. This film dedicated to family, friends and fellowmen who were lost on its wake, and to those who are still fighting for survival and for new beginnings.