Environmental

Mother of All Rivers

Directed by: Will Parrinello | Produced by: Will Parrinello | Documentary | United States

Berta Cáceres rallied her indigenous Lenca people to wage a grassroots protest that successfully pressured the government of Honduras and the world's largest dam builder to withdraw from building the Agua Zarca Dam.

For More Information

Goldman Prize Winner
Mill Valley Film Group
<
>

Related Pages

<
>

8:53
Suryabata Pani
This is the story of Indra Sapkota, an underserved farmer in Nepal struggling to find sustainable and reliable water sources to irrigate his land.
3:13
Last Stand - The Vanishing Caribou Rainforest (Trailer)
The forthcoming documentary “Last Stand” puts the Caribou Rainforest on the map before it’s too late.
7:15
Protecting the Amazon by Advancing Indigenous Rights
Protecting the Amazon and our climate by supporting indigenous peoples
4:24
Looking After Our Country
One man shares the wisdom of the world's oldest culture to save a pristine wilderness.
4:28
The Last Straw
Nine-year-old Milo Cress is concerned about the millions of straws that pollute waterways, waste fossil-fuel resource and harm ocean creatures. With the help of some friends, he convinces restaurants to “go straw-free”. Milo then takes the fight all the way to Capitol Hill.
3:17
Thank You For the Rain (Trailer)
Five years ago Kisilu, a Kenyan farmer, started to use his camera to capture the life of his family, his village and the damages of climate change.
5:48
POKO
Poko lives in Farfar community in Nothern Ghana. A community heavily affected by climate change. Extreme droughts and bushfires has in recent years risen and destroyed large areas of rural land and the traditional ways of farming is threatened. But with the help of CARE's Adaptation Learning Program (ALP) the community is learning of new ways to farm and adapt to the threat of climate change.
10:55
Illegal Activists - The Battle for Norway's Fjords
Young activists decide to break the law to stop a mining company from dumping waste into a Norwegian fjord.
2:50
Changing Oceans
This short inspirational film produced by Nomads Expeditions, depicts the overwhelming beauty and diversity that can be found in the ocean and asks the viewer to contemplate it's loss.
The Kelp Lady 2018
Her work inspired the nickname The Kelp Lady. But her conservation goals extend to many more inhabitants of the sea. Nancy Caruso is a hero who tirelessly worked to regrow the kelp forest in Orange County. As the founder of Get Inspired! Inc., she brings the community together with her dedication to the florae and faunae of the sea. She and her band of volunteers regrew the kelp, also known as the rainforest of the sea--because of how many species rely on them for survival, including us! Nancy's current endeavor is the Green Abalone Restoration Project to restore the dwindling species.
The man who rode his horse across the harbour bridge
Yacouba - The Village Fool (the man who stopped the desert)
Laguna ECO Heroes - Opening segment
Featuring amazing environmental heroes of Laguna Beach!
Laguna Beach ECO Heroes - Trailer
Celebrating amazing environmental heroes of Laguna Beach!
Slater Meets her Hero: Jean-Michel Cousteau
Slater visits Catalina Island to learn from her environmental hero Jean-Michel Cousteau.
Sacred
In light of the recent natural disasters and climate changes, now more than ever must we praise Mother Earth on a deeper level.
10:00
Out of the Blue
A child in Mexico inherits an unexpected future after his family of fishermen, facing ever shrinking catches, make a bold decision to change their fate.
4:15
Troubled Water Pitch
The 30-minute documentary "Troubled Water" tells the story of one farmer and his community's fight for clean water in El Salvador against the environmental crisis caused by a mining corporation.
Between Us
Israelis and Palestinians meet over their shared grief and discover that the only way to move forward together is through dialogue.
4:44
Series of Solutions: Mentors & the Intern
This first episode of our 4-part Series of Solutions highlights the valuable role that nature provides in protecting coastal communities, and follows the story of intern Monica Moritsch as she discovers how her ecology background can directly inform coastal policy.