Documentary

A New Path - Excerpt

Directed by: Gregory Walsh | Documentary | 2017 | India | 4:05

Nineteen-year-old Mukesh was born into an 'untouchable' community in impoverished rural India. Now he documents corruption in his region's school system in an effort to transform his community for the better.

<
>

2:59
Thunderbird
Thunderbird is a short documentary exploring the story of Steven Collins, an international Olympic ski jumper. Using archive footage and photos, Thunderbird gives a genuine look at Steven’s story.
7:09
Dreamers
We wanted to spread awareness about DACA. Our film main priority was to educate people about this issues surrounding DACA students.
3 min
Zuzana: Music is Life (Trailer)
An uplifting and inspiring musical story of love, tyranny and triumph.
8:53
Suryabata Pani
This is the story of Indra Sapkota, an underserved farmer in Nepal struggling to find sustainable and reliable water sources to irrigate his land.
3:09
Girl's Education
Summer PENCC gives children the platform to discuss about the important of girls’ education from their perspectives thus sending strong messages to the public at large and in particular to those in the decision-making.
16:47
Gloria's Call
In 1971, graduate student Gloria Orenstein received a call from Surrealist artist Leonora Carrington that sparked a lifelong journey into art, ecofeminism and shamanism.
7:44
A Drop in the Ocean
A portrait documentary of a 78 year old surgeon: Firoze Koytcha, who has organized humanitarian missions for more than 40 years.
3:49
Nico Castro: The Next American B-boy
A Breaking dance profile on the rising star Nico Castro.After his mother, brother, and grandfather all passed away, Nico could not have felt more lost. With no other choice, he quickly took charge of his own life. From his tragedies he creates art, and Nico Castro now dances down his own path to becoming the next American B-boy champion.
10:12
Threads
In these days of mass consumerism, it can seem like preservation of history and culture is something that belongs to the past. Threads of Peru is an NGO based in Cusco that branches out to several expert weaving communities in order to guide them to how they can sustain their ancient practice in the modern world.
11:37
From AIDS to Advice: LGBTQ+ Seniors Tell Their Stories
Nine LGBTQ+ senior citizens share their experiences, including coming out stories, life during the HIV/AIDS crisis, and advice for LGBTQ+ youth, parents, and allies.
3:13
Last Stand - The Vanishing Caribou Rainforest (Trailer)
The forthcoming documentary “Last Stand” puts the Caribou Rainforest on the map before it’s too late.
1 minute
The Big Picture: Rethinking Dyslexia [Trailer]
The myths, the stigmas, the truths, revealed.
11:17
We Will Overcome
A woman from a small city in Nicaragua attends a night school to get the high school degree that she wasn't able to complete as a child. She sets her sights on University education with the hope of a better life for her family. PASSWORD: festivalia
6:42
Gray Areas
Two U.S. teens travel to the U.S.-Mexico border to explore the gray areas of governmental policies and human experience in this contested region.
6:45
Unik (Unique)
Sjaki-Tari-Us is a school in Bali, Indonesia that supports mentally disabled children and adults.
S19 - MFs + HM
Proyecto de tecnología cívica cuyo objetivo central es empoderar a la sociedad, en materia educativa de prevencción y protección civil en caso de desastres naturales.
3:28
mothers2mothers: Chancy
Mothers2mothers addresses the health needs of under-served communities in Africa by empowering "Mentor Mothers" to work in local communities and provide medical services that are sorely lacking.
5:40
Louis’ story: child soldier to role model
This film by the Thomson Reuters Foundation tells the story of Louis Lakor, a former child soldier with the Lord's Resistance Army (LRA) rebel group in northern Uganda.
3:22
Dear Me
Students in Wide Angle Youth Media's High School Video Team created personal stories around the collective them "Why Black Lives Matter". This is Sama's story.
5:17
Friendship Park
Three U.S. teens travel to the U.S.-Mexico border and discover Friendship Park, a place where people from both sides can come together once a week.