Documentary

A New Path - Excerpt

Gregory Walsh | Documentary | 2017 | India | 4:05

Nineteen-year-old Mukesh was born into an 'untouchable' community in impoverished rural India. Now he documents corruption in his region's school system in an effort to transform his community for the better.

<
>

13:30
Women At the Wheel: Stories of remarkable women shattering cultural roadblocks and gendered assumptions
Artist Pat Benincasa tells the story of thirteen women who defied spirit-crushing social norms to invent, race and design their way in to automotive history.
5:02
Idle No More
Heather Archibald was a social activist and foster care child who passed away. Her strong words are honoured in this film, demanding a change in the attitude of the Law concerning native people in Canada. Ginger Côté wants her spirit and message to be remembered for generations to come.
5:53
Educate Girls
In India, the majority of girls do not complete their primary education. Educate Girls is working to make education more accessible to girls by partnering with public schools, training local champions for girls’ education, and mobilizing communities to help girls achieve their full potential
4:31
Les Vaillants
For over 100 years, whenever someone dies, Kitcisakik men get together to build a casket as a show of solidarity with the family.
7:46
Look Up
High-stakes arboreal therapy for the nature deficit disorder you probably have.
5:52
My Country is the World
Garry Davis gave up Broadway to become World Citizen #1, standing up for a world in which Humanity is United, a world in which we are one.
4:28
The Last Straw
Nine-year-old Milo Cress is concerned about the millions of straws that pollute waterways, waste fossil-fuel resource and harm ocean creatures. With the help of some friends, he convinces restaurants to “go straw-free”. Milo then takes the fight all the way to Capitol Hill.
4:06
Āmrikā
An Iranian-American teenager travels to a small village in Iran to interview people about their opinions of America. She examines what they have to say and contrasts that with some of the stereotypes that characterize the Middle East.
5:37
Kim Phuc - excerpt from The Sunrise Storyteller
Young filmmaker Kasha Slavner interviews Unesco Goodwill Ambassador Phan Thi Kim Phuc, who survived a napalm bomb when she was a 9-year-old during the Vietnam War.
4:26
The Hustle: Life of Subway Performers
Busking: playing music or other forms of performing for voluntary donations in the street or in subways; better known as "The Hustle"
7:21
The Fabric of America
Under our broken immigration system, thousands of people are living in fear every day, and peaceful members of society are being targeted as criminals. This film explores the many sides and issues underlying this complex and controversial topic, and shows how these issues manifest locally, in Montgomery County, Maryland.
The Fabric of America
2:19
The Blood is at the Doorstep Trailer
After Dontre Hamilton, a black, unarmed man diagnosed with schizophrenia, was shot 14 times and killed by police in Milwaukee, his family embarks on a quest for answers, justice, and reform as the investigation unfolds.
The Blood is at the Doorstep Trailer
3:17
Thank You For the Rain Trailer
Five years ago Kisilu, a Kenyan farmer, started to use his camera to capture the life of his family, his village and the damages of climate change. When a violent storm throws him and a Norwegian filmmaker together we see him transform from a father, to community leader to an activist on the global stage.
5:48
POKO
Poko lives in Farfar community in Nothern Ghana. A community heavily affected by climate change. Extreme droughts and bushfires has in recent years risen and destroyed large areas of rural land and the traditional ways of farming is threatened. But with the help of CARE's Adaptation Learning Program (ALP) the community is learning of new ways to farm and adapt to the threat of climate change.
4:30
News Travels Fast
A short Documentary about how technology and social media help communities in times of hardships, and keeping communities up to date with current events.
10:55
Illegal Activists - The Battle for Norway's Fjords
Young activists decide to break the law to stop a mining company from dumping waste into a Norwegian fjord.
3:32
RePainting the Mission
A short documentary on the issue of displacement in the actively changing Mission District in San Francisco, CA. Produced by the Fall 2017 Youth Filmmaking program.
5:30
Intersectionality
A short documentary discovering what it means to identify with multiple communities. Produced by the Fall 2017 Youth Filmmaking program.